Which Body

HO Scale Slot Car Forum
From T-Jets to Magnet Missles!

Which Body

Postby bookie » Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:00 pm

My track is 80 per- cent finished, the power supply {0-30 volts / 0-10 amps) has arrived so I'm getting close. At this point I'm trying to look around for cars and this is harder then figuring out controllers. I know T Jets so I put them by themselves. What I'm trying to figure out is AFX. There's Aurora and Tomy and both use the letters. I think I understand Tomy at one point was Aurora. I'm trying to find out what bodies are interchangeable. Aurora has AFX, AFX Magna Traction and more. Tomy has Super G, Mega G and then some with plus and + at the end. A friend told me he had some Super G + chassis and I trying to find out what bodies I can get that will work.
I'm trying to learn , but with some many shared names I get confused easy
I forgot about Auto World bodies
bookie
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Which Body

Postby BRS Hobbies » Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:22 pm

Rick,

The short wheelbase 1.5" HO slot car bodies are interchangeable which fit the AFX Magna Traction, AFX G Plus, TOMY AFX Turbo, TOMY AFX SRT, TOMY AFX Super G Plus, TOMY AFX Mega-G, TOMY AFX Mega-G+ and the Auto World X-Traction chassis. Most of the modern HO slot cars have two wheelbase settings so you need to be sure that you get the 1.5" short wheelbase bodies which are generally the sedan style bodies and not the F1 bodies. Also, the new AFX Mega-G Camaro, Mustang, Peugeot 908, Chevy SS Stocker and Ford Fusion Stocker are 1.7" long wheelbase bodies which only fit the TOMY AFX Mega-G/Mega-G+ chassis.

Best regards,
Brian
BRS Hobbies
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to HRW HO Scale