[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - My Ultimate Carrera Classic NASCAR

My Ultimate Carrera Classic NASCAR

YOUR Place To Share All Your Tuning Tips & Speed Secrets!

My Ultimate Carrera Classic NASCAR

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:30 pm

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Re: My Ultimate Carrera Classic NASCAR

Postby ListerStormGT » Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:02 pm

Very cool Harry, great job on that one sir!
ListerStormGT
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Florida_Slotter » Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:33 pm

I like it. Best color ever on a stock car!
Florida_Slotter
Scratch Build Guru

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:53 pm

Bump for Mr. Bilby :)
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Cosmic Bilby » Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:09 pm

Thank you H,

You are such a beautiful man to me :)
Cosmic Bilby
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Cosmic Bilby » Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:19 pm

OK,

Thank you for that H!

Sounds like a plan to me, I've ordered an extra Iggy Katona from Bruce, will get to work on it once it arrives Down Under....

.....This will be the first of this new style stocker chassis I've actually tuned (the ones I have got to date have been shelf queens for the collection), it will be interesting to see if I can get the same chassis balance I prefer for our runners with this new chassis. With the old style chassis I used to remove the magnet under the rear axle and just have the slider mag, I found this gave me an excellent balance between lap time and a "realistic" chassis action (heck they need to oversteer a bit!).

I love these models, they are my favourite, and I love the new Iggy Katona livery, plus the Charger 500 shape seems to work best on our layout....

Cheers Bloke!!!
Cosmic Bilby
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Scatman1 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:35 pm

Rob, if you use Paul's tires, you won't need a magnet.
Scatman1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Cosmic Bilby » Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:30 pm

G'day Tony,

I know mate they are excellent tyres!!!

I have been cleaning and oiling my runners over the last two days, just gave my #71 Dodge Daytona a burn to see how it goes with PGT's on it (normal compound not the XPG), absolutely flys, 2.3 on our layout which is pretty quick for a "brick" (albeit a very sexy ONE ;) ).....

....You'd need a really well tuned Scaley V8 Supercar/Scaley or SCX GT car to better that :)

Carrera classic Nascars slow??? Not in my world....

Bibbster I love those photos, you have done a brilliant job on the layout!!!
Cosmic Bilby
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to The Slot Car Garage