[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - 1956 Vette SCCA C production

1956 Vette SCCA C production

YOUR Place To Share All Your Tuning Tips & Speed Secrets!

1956 Vette SCCA C production

Postby HRWJim » Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:39 pm

I started on this one some time ago and just finished it up. It started out as teal? colored Ninco Vette. I wanted to get the look of a period correct privateer racer. You know the guy who has a real job during the week but races on weekends. So I shaved off the chrome on the sides. Took off all bumpers and filled in the holes, cut the windshield down, lowered it a touch and put side exhaust on it. I really thought about painting the SCC steel wheels but I really like the polished look and have seen several period pictures of cars do the same so I left them. Not sure if the color is period correct but I liked it. Jim

HRWJim
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: 1956 Vette SCCA C production

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:05 am

Looking good. Looks like I need to start over on my heaps. Between you and Lee my junk ain't going to cut it.

Another fine build!
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby ListerStormGT » Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:53 am

That's a great looking Vette! Nice job on that one, the wheels look great on that car.
ListerStormGT
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:32 am

Jim - I think you nailed the look perfectly. I like the wheels polished - I left them like that on my 1966 Barracuda too for the same reason.

I guess I'll need to get a dog in this hunt pretty fast...
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby goosenapper » Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:10 pm

That is a beautiful color on that car! I think you nailed the feel of a 50's SCCA racer. Even my wife, who isn't crazy about our little toy cars, said "Whooooa, that's neat!" when I showed this to her. Great job! :clap:
goosenapper
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HRWJim » Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:03 pm

Thanks guys I appreciate the kind words. Thanks Harry for changing the picture and Lee I can't wait to see you Carrera Vette when your done. David I have to tell you the polished steel wheels look great on almost any car I think. Many moon ago I had a 1966 Impala with chrome reversed rims.
Goose thanks for the compliment and tell your wife thanks too! That's more than I got from my wife! My son liked it though and asked who made it? LOL Jim
HRWJim
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby nhdungeonracer » Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:20 pm

nhdungeonracer
SCC Mechanic

Postby jmsh54 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:46 pm

Jim, fine looking build, great color. I have always liked the look of cut down windshields on Corvettes. Regards, John
jmsh54

Postby dge467 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:45 pm

Great looking Vette!
dge467
The King of Foil

Postby Fast Co. » Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:30 am

Nice work. It really looks the part and I like the polished steelie wheels on it!
Fast Co.
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby MoparGreg » Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:00 am

Nice car, the windscreen is a nice touch.
MoparGreg
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Cincyslots » Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:34 am

sweet ride Jim.

Bruce
Cincyslots
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby JESIV » Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:30 am

Another nice one Jim. You're going to have to get a group photo of all your Vette's together.
JESIV
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HRWJim » Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:52 pm

Thanks for the kind words fellas. I really like playin with these Ninco Vettes. I have a couple more I want to do. Then I take a picture of the group. Thanks again Jim
HRWJim
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby eeprof » Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:04 pm

That's a nice Vette!!!!

I like it!!!!!
eeprof
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Next

Return to The Slot Car Garage