[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - "The Braid Job" Show-Me Speedway Part 2

"The Braid Job" Show-Me Speedway Part 2

Got Wood?
Your ROUTED TRACK Home!
Share Your Designs, Building Techniques & Finished Layouts!

Power Tap

Postby SlotCarCorner » Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:37 pm

One (1) power tap (braid drop) is all that will be required - there is very, very little electrical resistance given each piece of braid is one continuous piece and they are relatively short. Harry will never have any electrical issues with the braid (the jury is still out on the 2 guys under the table who are supposedly wiring the track...)

The picture with the feet sticking out from under the table is a classic - reminds me of the scene in the Wizard of Oz when the house fell on the Wicked Witch of the East. Hmmmm - Dickie and Bob are from out East...

:o
SlotCarCorner
SCC Mechanic

Re: "The Braid Job" Show-Me Speedway Part 2

Postby SlotCarCorner » Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:26 pm

SlotCarCorner
SCC Mechanic

Postby Scatman1 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:33 pm

Love it. Harry, how much braid was used?
Scatman1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:10 pm

About 280 feet total Tony.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:27 pm

Here is the plan by SCC for this project.

First test run...works perfectly.

Dickie, John and Bob mixing it up.

Have to eat right? Dickie gives his approval.

Verdict is? AWESOME. What a smooth and solid way to power a track. Braiding your track is a lot easier than I thought it would be. Sort of like routing your first track, you think it would be so hard to accomplish...but it isn't

This just made the old Show-Me Speedway as bullet proof as it can be.

Thanks again Bob, Dickie and of course Steve at Slot Car Corner for making this happen. I cannot thank you enough really.

I am one proud papa :)
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:17 pm

THAT is the ending I was hoping for! Good story. Good folks.

Don' cha just love slot car people?
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby RazorJon » Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:20 pm

looks great Harry, those guy's are awsome to come out and hook you up. I can't wait to run some laps on it
RazorJon
Tire Razor Guy

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:41 pm

Yeah, great guys indeed.

They went to bed...I wonder how they would react if I had the tape ripped off the MIDMO by morning? hehheh
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Scatman1 » Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:57 am

:clap: :clap: Looks great guys.
Scatman1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby acmost » Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:24 am

Fantastic...bravo to all involved!
acmost
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Gentleman Norb » Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:46 am

The track looks great. Can't wait to give it a try.
Gentleman Norb
SlotCar Aristocrat

Postby acmost » Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:00 am

acmost
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:53 am

Very nice to see how this turned out. I thought of braiding mine, but the cost is a slight factor, and honestly, my tape gives me virtually no trouble. I would consider it next time tho.
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:35 am

Here is the final step, new wiring centers.

Well, I won't be doing the road course this time, maybe next :)

Tom just showed and it's fun time now :)
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Nor Cal Mike » Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:21 pm

Man That was fast!
Nor Cal Mike
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

PreviousNext

Return to The Lumber Yard