[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - "The Braid Job" Show-Me Speedway Part 2

"The Braid Job" Show-Me Speedway Part 2

Got Wood?
Your ROUTED TRACK Home!
Share Your Designs, Building Techniques & Finished Layouts!

"The Braid Job" Show-Me Speedway Part 2

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:47 am

And it begins!

Here is the bit for routing the gains.

This works great. Makes it SO easy even a caveman could do it.

You install the bit and just follow your slot.

Bob checks the depth with a gauge...but we routed test runs on some old MDF to make sure.

And away we go!!!

Just perfect.

They are already finished routing. This takes no time at all.

More updates soon.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Re: "The Braid Job" Show-Me Speedway Part 2

Postby ListerStormGT » Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:21 am

Looking great guy's. Harry just send them down my way next to do mine. :mrgreen:
ListerStormGT
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby acmost » Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:09 pm

acmost
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:41 pm

Ok, time for an update. Next we are painting the gains the lane colors.

The easiest way is to mask over the slot and gains.

Then use a Exacto blade and trim out the center.

Now here is a great way to apply the paint. Using cheap mustard/ketchup bottles to just squirt the paint where you want it.

My apologies...I mean using the NEW "SCC Lane Color Distribution System" :whistle:

I would help but who would take these great action shots?

Looking good.

Now while this dries it is time to clean the braid and apply the tape.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:51 pm

Actually not too many times.

YET :)
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:12 pm

Before applying the tape, you must clean the braid. Use mineral spirits for this.

See? We have such a happy work enviroment.

SCC also offers pre-taped braid.

More to come!
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby dreinecke » Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:40 pm

Please! Never, ever, never, ever show a picture of that side of Dickie again! :)

The track looks awesome and it is amazing they are so fast at it. The mustard bottles were brilliant! Just don't tell Dickie that I said that...
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Happy Work Environment???

Postby SlotCarCorner » Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:45 pm

I'm looking at Bob's expression as he is (supposedly) cleaning the braid with mineral spirits. Looks to me like he's been taking a few nips....

:naughty: :naughty:
SlotCarCorner
SCC Mechanic

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:05 pm

You figured out why they were smiling :)

Time to lay the braid.

First we drilled the drop holes and fed them through one side.

Very simple, do NOT stretch it. Just let it lay down easy and just hold it against the edge.

They actually allowed me to do something.

DONE!

Just a great look and feel. Could not be happier.

Now onto fresh wiring.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:21 pm

AND out with the old...

Dickie said they will re-use the spade terminals :whistle:

I guess they are working???
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby dreinecke » Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:22 pm

Well. Dang. That is just smooth looking. Really pro job!

Looks to me like they are taking a snooze under the track...

Oh! Will you need any taps beyond the one supplying power? I assume the braid conducts fantastic.
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:31 pm

Time for a snack

SLOTBURGER time :)
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:32 pm

No taps sir. You are correct, great power so it isn't needed. :)
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby BRP32 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:34 pm

Not sure what I'm drooling over more the braid job or the slot burgers!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wayne :banana-rock:
BRP32
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:36 pm

Ah, so they are hiding under the track since they are scared of the slot burgers - makes perfect sense!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Next

Return to The Lumber Yard