[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - HERE WE GO AGAIN...

HERE WE GO AGAIN...

HO Scale Slot Car Forum
From T-Jets to Magnet Missles!

HERE WE GO AGAIN...

Postby BIG E » Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:25 pm

Well... I'm finally up and running again after about 4 or 5 weeks of no computer (components had fried and were causing all sorts of problems).
Believe me, my life won't come to an end if I can't use my "digital device". Remember, I'm the guy that still uses a "flip" phone and doesn't allow text messages either way. I'm more for having fun in places just like this one! Unfortunately, I lost almost all of my bookmarks, including every single one of over a hundred slot/model/hobby related contacts. Now, THAT hurt!
I had considered keeping a hand written (paper notebook type) file, because that's just how I'm "wired", and now regret not having done so.
You live and learn, right? It just takes me a little longer than most figure out how to drive this thing. (My CDL is of no help here!)
So, as I slowly recover and get my two typing fingers going again, I'll be back participating in the forums like I used to do. As I've stated before, being
"digitally challenged" in today's world really SUCKS sometimes! But I can still go into a corner with the best of 'em! Back to my Aurora T-Jets!

Here's hoping this is the last time for my cyber frustration (probably not). Back to my Aurora T-Jets! -- Ernie :>)
BIG E
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: HERE WE GO AGAIN...

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:58 pm

Good to see you back! Big E..E for electronic?
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby OldDogMotorsports » Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:23 pm

OldDogMotorsports
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby RichD » Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:25 am

To back up your favorites just get a thumb drive and plug it into your computer. Wait for the computer to recognize the drive. Click on Start, then Computer. Click on OS(C:). Click on the Favorites folder and hold the button down, then drag the folder to the thumb drive and release the button to copy the favorites folder to the thumb drive. You should probably do the same thing with the Contacts folder. To restore your computer just reverse the procedure and copy the folder from the thumb drive to your C drive. When you do that you will get a pop up that asks if you want to replace the existing file, click Yes.
RichD
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Ralphthe3rd » Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:40 am

Glad to have you back Ernie :handgestures-thumbup:
You've come a long way in the last year or two as far as learning how to use a PC. But you've now experienced the hard way, you can take a step backwards without Back-up protection of the things you don't want to lose.
PS- so you own a Flip-up Cell Phone !? LOL... I've never even OWNED A Cell Phone in my Life ! .....BUT, I cannot go a Day with-OUT my PC and the Internet !
Ralphthe3rd
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BIG E » Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:12 am

BIG E
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to HRW HO Scale