[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - All American Raceway...Update 7/21

All American Raceway...Update 7/21

Got Wood?
Your ROUTED TRACK Home!
Share Your Designs, Building Techniques & Finished Layouts!

All American Raceway...Update 7/21

Postby ListerStormGT » Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:08 pm

Trying to get back some room in the garage again and also added A/C out there to try and make it a little more comfortable in the Florida heat. Unfortunately this all means I had to tear down the track and make a new one. Started working on it last weekend but it didnt go to well so I had to make a few repairs and got it routed today. Its a 12x4 layout and it will be braided and will have a raised section. I hope to make a pit area and do some scenery too once I get going on it. Its not very big but I really just wanted something for tuning cars and really just to keep it simple and have some fun with it.

Last edited by ListerStormGT on Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:16 pm, edited 6 times in total.
ListerStormGT
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: New track started

Postby dreinecke » Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:16 pm

That's all fine and good, but what about the driver's stations with the beverage holders? I expect the pool clean, the AC cold, the grill hot, and the track done when I get down there!

Looking good Lee! It think this one will be fun.
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:17 pm

Looking good sir. You did it :)
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby baford1 » Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:01 am

Lee I loved your last track & its a pity you had to tear it down I am sure that this track will be
just as good & the scenery will be to be looking out for the next update

Richard
baford1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby ListerStormGT » Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:23 am

Thanks guys,

Yes Dave, I will have everything ready for you when you come visit next time. No more of that Chili's crap, I will grill up some burgers and even make you a side salad. :P
ListerStormGT
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:41 am

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:12 am

That track design has a lot of interest in it. The reverse turns coming out of the end turns aren't the same both ends so you have to keep your head and be ready. That's brilliant. Small track, big thinking. Are the end turns different from each other, too?

Lee, is it going to be out away from the wall when finished? In Florida humidity, an a/c sometimes spits water. I have a couple of a/c units up high in my shop, and one of them (the one near the slot cars, of course), spits water sometimes. I haven't found a way to stop it, so I have to rearrange things in the summer if it stays humid for a long time, like a week or so. I hate to think how much worse that is in Florida.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby HRWJim » Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:24 am

Lee sorry to see your old track go, I really liked it. The new track design is very cool. I hope you keep some of the great ideas from the previous track, like the lane going over the rumble strip. That was brilliant. Keep us posted and I look forward to seeing the progress. Jim
HRWJim
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby RazorJon » Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:24 am

looking great Lee
RazorJon
Tire Razor Guy

Postby MoparGreg » Sun Sep 08, 2013 3:20 pm

Looking good Lee. I cant wait to see what scenery you have planned for this one as your last was great. Its a shame though, I really liked your old track.
MoparGreg
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby ListerStormGT » Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:43 pm

Yeah I already miss my old track too. I put a lot of work into it and liked the design and while it wasn't a huge track the layout did take up a lot of space. Now that this one has been routed the more I look at it the more I can visualize different things I want to do even though to me after the last track this one doesn't seem like much. But the space I have gained back in our 2 car garage is priceless. This one will be fun and once I get the back section elevated it will make it seem not so plain and boring as it does the way it sits now.
Rob, the radius is the same on both ends but the entry to them will be different so I hope it gives it a little challenge. Its basically a smaller version of Harry's Midmo track which is a very fun track to run on.
ListerStormGT
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:11 am

Oh, I thought it ran the other direction. So you get to kick out as the end turn starts and swing all the way around? That's going to be a blast. It will work the same way a big sweeper turn does.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby BRP32 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:14 am

Hi Lee!

Great looking new track so far!

I must admit I will miss your old track though!

I really enjoyed following the build process of it just like your new one here!

It is amazing how much track you can fit in a 4 x 12 area and have just as much fun with it!

Look what I did with my 4 laner below with borders and scenery in a 4 x 12 area.

So what do you think, add 1 to 2 more lanes more to yours? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks for sharing the pics!

Enjoy the build!

I certainly will following it!

Wayne (Bolton's Speed Shop) :D :D :D

BRP32
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby SpeedyNH » Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:45 pm

Harry, you seriously crack me up, sir.
speedy
SpeedyNH
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:31 pm

Salad! Salad! Salad! Salad! Salad! Salad! Salad! Salad! Salad! Salad! Salad! Salad! Salad! Salad! Salad! Salad! :mrgreen:

Num Num Num!

dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Next

Return to The Lumber Yard