[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - SCOTY Award - Slot Car of The Year 2017

SCOTY Award - Slot Car of The Year 2017

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

Best New 1/32 Release

Poll ended at Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:43 am

1. Scalextric Javelin
41%
2. Carrera Ford GT
17%
3. Scalextric Ford MKIV
4%
4. Scalextric Ford Daytona Prototype
7%
5. Carrera Ford Capri
No votes
6. Carrera BMW M1
1%
7. Scalextric 1970 Falcon XW
No votes
8. Policar MARCH 701
5%
9. Slot.it Opel Calibra DTM
7%
10. Carrera Tow Truck
11%
11. Falcon Porsche 908/3
No votes
12. Falcon Porsche 924 GTP
8%

Total votes : 76

SCOTY Award - Slot Car of The Year 2017

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:43 am

These are all NEW molds for the 2017 year that we reviewed. There are cars that were popular like the Carrera Torino and 57 Chevy, but these are just repaints of older molds. Not all new cars were reviewed this year like the Revoslot Porsche, so feel free to write in any that I missed.

It's all for the fun of it :)

Hands down my choice. No other car had the impact this car brought. A mold long overdue in the T/A Series.

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Re: SCOTY Award - Slot Car of The Year 2017

Postby Jesla » Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:58 am

Tough choice, but I gotta hand it to Carrera for having the insight(guts) to do the Tow truck and Tanker.

I have a Falcon 924 coming and have high hopes.
Policar is on a roll with the Vintage F1 cars.
Scalextrics had what could have been a home run but failed with the change to inline.
Jesla
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby kidvoltage » Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:22 am

Nothing else here has come close to the Thunderslot Lola.
kidvoltage
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Austin » Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:34 am

Sideways SWCAR01A Lamborghini Huracan GT3 #63
Yes you paid good for the car, but it has all the great parts all ready to race. One of the fastest cars I have right our of the box.

Aluminum rear wheels
Motor mount with 7 anchor points
Motor mount secured by 3 points
Adjustable chassis/body components including axle height, front and rear body height
Adjustable chassis stiffness
Lightweight axle stopper and brass bushings
17,000 rpm Baby Raptor motor

Austin
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Dogsbody » Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:52 am

Dogsbody
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:12 am

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:13 am

Excellent choice Austin, wish I had picked one up for testing.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:15 am

I go with the Javelin, too. By the way, it runs very even with the sidewinders (better than some), so don't make the mistake of passing on it as just another inline chassis. I did almost nothing to it and it is equal to my Mustangs, Camaros, and other TransAm cars. No problems.

The Scalextric Falcon hasn't arrived here yet so I couldn't vote for that.
Same story with the two Falcon cars, but I haven't ordered them yet.
When I found out the Carrera truck was just for show (the lights and sound don't work on regular track) on most of the tracks, I cancelled my order. Carrera is just selling track as far as I can see. Its the same thing as dropping headlights from anything that isn't the extra cost digital. I can build a much better looking one anyway, I've built two of them in the past. The hardest thing is finding a truck body that actually looks like a truck instead of a toy.
Last edited by waaytoomuchintothis on Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby bobbyraz49 » Tue Dec 26, 2017 12:01 pm

I need to find a deal on the analog ZAKSPEED car !!! P.S. my last name is Zak.
bobbyraz49
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Tue Dec 26, 2017 12:08 pm

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby kidvoltage » Tue Dec 26, 2017 2:41 pm

kidvoltage
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Tue Dec 26, 2017 3:38 pm

Well sometimes it's hard to pick a winner just based on new molds.

For you it's the Thunderslot. But others are emailing me talking about the Carrera Torino, etc. And in due course the CAN-AM Thunderslot.

This is just a poll on brand new tooling for the year. But you make a good point.

What is the most popular car of this year? Regardless of the time table?

I have to say that the Javelin is tops overall, but the Carrera Unser Torino is pretty high up there. So is the 57. I picked up more Slot.it this year with the releases of the GT40 and KH Porsche. Not to mention the Audi R8.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby arroldn » Tue Dec 26, 2017 3:49 pm

I voted for the Javelin which a lot of people have expressed as long over due.

Austin my daughter ordered me the Sideways SWCAR01A Lamborghini Huracan GT3 #63 for Christmas. Was hoping to see it in the mailbox when I got home today. Maybe tomorrow. But the mail-carrier Crystal did bring my 1/24 scale Carrera 458 Ferrari Italia. This will be converted to a H&R chassis for hardbody racing at Bullitt this weekend. Lights must work for night racing as the last race of the evening.

Was tempted to vote for the Ford GT but I can't vote for a Ford can I 8-)

Arrold
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Oscar Racing » Tue Dec 26, 2017 5:04 pm

The Sideways Lambo came out just in time for this year's award...Very nice...

1. Sideways Lambo
2. ScaleAuto C7R (sorry A7R)
3. Scalextric Javelin

Harry, this is a very big award for some manufacturer....The Oscar's of the Slot Car Industry....

no-pun intended...
Oscar Racing
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby nhdungeonracer » Tue Dec 26, 2017 5:55 pm

I voted for the Carrera GT simply because it's a great looking car. I've seen one up close and was blown away by the detail. Hard to believe it's only $32 for the analog version.
nhdungeonracer
SCC Mechanic

Next

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale