[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Build Thread for all

Build Thread for all

Re: Build Thread for all

Postby Brumos RSR » Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:29 am

These builds are stunning! Watching the implementation of different theories and techniques to achieve the same goal is great to observe. I will be watching this proxy in awe. I will need to address my weakness of brass chassis, tuning, truing, general assembly and precise measurements in 2018 so that I to may compete one day.
Brumos RSR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby VTECFOUR » Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:32 am

@ DRW21 - gorgeous chassis builds for Tony and yourself, but please clarify the rims being used. From the outward face, they don't seem to resemble the provided RS Slot Racing RSW002 rims. Have they been modified?

Better to clarify things now.

Dan
VTECFOUR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby DRW21 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:17 pm

Hello all, the rims used on the 2 builds I have done are the same rims as received along with the motor and body.
When reading about them being a little bit loose on the axle I purchased Slotting Plus axles as they were a tad bigger than the Slot-it axles I normally use.
When it came time to start building the cars the rims were still loose and quite wobbly, way too wobbly for my liking even with the bigger 3/32 axles.
What I have done to eliminate the wobble was to peen the boss of the rims to tighten them so that they fitted the axle better, that gave me rims that fitted the axle snug but still with some wobble.
I then turned them down in a lathe to true them so that they spun true.
The the end result is these are the correct rims, just tidied up.
Hopefully this is OK. if not please let me know.
Cheers Guys - Dave
DRW21
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Duke7777 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:34 pm

OK, I want to open up my motor to "tidy it up" too! :lol:

After doing some weight tuning, it seemed my chassis worked better with weight added to both the front and rear, so I beefed up the front plate and added some plates to the rear. The total weight is now 67g. I also did my usual mediocre and simplistic body preparation, and switched to a plastic spur gear, which is much quieter and smoother than the alloy one.

Duke7777

Postby VTECFOUR » Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:47 pm

The co-organizers have conferred and are in agreement that in the spirit and intent of the proxy for "period appropriateness in the modeling and performance of the day", we'll rule out DRW21's wheel modifications. That applies as well to the modification of the other hand out parts including the motor, tires and body unless otherwise stated in the rules and guidelines.

We apologize for not stating this at the beginning but hope this is clear now before tech.

This is a good time to remind everyone that the postmarked deadline for arrival is January 19, 2018, really not that far off.

I'll provide the mailing address via email as I've got everyone's except Austin and Tusco Todd. I can inform them via PM on this forum.

Dan
VTECFOUR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby DRW21 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:17 pm

That's cool, no worries.
DRW21
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby JT Previa » Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:21 pm

Duke - I’m fascinated by your minimal chassis. I look forward to driving it in person.

JT
JT Previa
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Duke7777 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:10 pm

Adding the brass plates was definitely an improvement, stiffening the rear of the chassis and increasing the stability. It shaved about 0.3 s off my lap times on Luf's track. The car will still sometimes tip when pushed to the limit, but it's pretty well balanced. I still have my doubts that an anglewinder is the best configuration for a car of this size and motor - we'll see how it does against the in-lines.
Duke7777

Postby JT Previa » Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:50 pm

The NERF club had our holiday get together at Cornerstone Raceway today, and Brain brought along his completed Sprite! I brought along my Sprite too, but a box of parts doesn’t warrant too much coverage...

The car runs as well as it looks. Brain’s 3D printed pod and accompanying chassis are connected by laminated rubber and plastic leaf springs. The black paint gleams, and everyone should be sure to take note of the driver’s name.

Great car, another sophisticated combination of technology and craftsmanship.

Now, where did I put that box of parts...

JT

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
JT Previa
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby glasshorsevh » Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:21 pm

Well, here’s another champagne colored Sprite, about to get boxed up and shipped north. For those who may have medical issues or just aversions to enamel or lacquer paint, this is what was shot on this one (and actually anything I do) straight from Michaels Craft Store... sealed with Future. That bottle goes for just under two bucks and you’ll get sick of the color long before you ever run out of paint....

So there’s Tiny Alice herself, just back from a rather dismal showing in the Trans Am, but lookin’ good!

Val

glasshorsevh
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chrisguyw » Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:53 pm

Lookin good Val. :dance: .........any chance we can see underneath ??

Cheers
Chris Walker

PS Nice colour choice ;)
chrisguyw
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby glasshorsevh » Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:33 pm

glasshorsevh
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby black3sr » Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:13 am

black3sr

Postby chrisguyw » Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:27 pm

chrisguyw
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby black3sr » Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:50 am

Hopefully they will be Chris. We are having discussions as to who will finish last.
black3sr

PreviousNext

Return to Sprite Proxy Race (SPR) 2018