[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Show your track! - 2017

Show your track! - 2017

SHOW YOUR SLOT CAR TRACK!
Photos and Descriptions of YOUR Home Layout

Re: Show your track! - 2017

Postby Z-carfan » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:27 pm

My first routed track ever done in 2014 for the SLOP proxy that didn’t happen.

My copy of vtech’s cool apartment one lane test track. 2’ x 8’ circa 2015

My 4’ x 8’ oval with slight banking in the corners, this is in my shop so it’s great for car testing. EST 2017

Finally, this was where my 4’ x 16’ AFX four lane lived. I pulled the track the other night and will be building a 2 lane Bertrand ‘8’ style track with variable PS and Parma controllers. Coming soon..

Update 12/17/17
got my 'Bertrand' fig 8 running over the weekend, now I cna actually run some cars!!!

Last edited by Z-carfan on Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Z-carfan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Fitzy » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:42 pm

This is My Carrera Digital Track

This Is My Next Track I have collected a couple hundred running feet for a four lane Monogram Track

Fitzy
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dge467 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:45 pm

Nice looking tracks!!

This is the Iron Wood track that has been around for some time. It has gotten around New England quite a bit!

dge467
The King of Foil

Postby Junior » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:23 pm

More of my tracks, past and present
This was my first track with the kids some 15-ish years ago. I had it in the crawl on a 4x9 table, my only regret is the table should have been 5x9. We had a blast with it.

This one is my current test track I have in my work room.
Junior
Shop Teacher

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:34 pm

This is right up your alley, ain't it, Harry?
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:21 am

Oh yes sir, have seen this latest track. Mr. Urbas is quite skilled.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby bobbyraz49 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:23 am

bobbyraz49
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Howie654 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:43 am

Well here's mine Harry, first wood track I have ever routed, 22×12 copper taped, RC timing and lap counting.
Howie654

Postby Junior » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:59 am

Junior
Shop Teacher

Postby strangebrew » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:48 pm

..................Strangebrew Speedbowl................
5' x 11' Masonite on particle board high banked bull ring.
Built about 10 years ago. Hinged to fold against the wall with the help of 2 garage door springs.
Don't have much room in the basement........Gotta' get to the washer & dryer ya' know.
Outside walls are corrugated sign material, inside walls are some kind of plastic strip from the hardware store,
infield is cardboard covered with vinyl & green exterior carpet.
Home built lap counter, copper tape & I use a switchable (6v-6a - 12v-2a - 12v-6a) battery charger for power.

strangebrew
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby gascarnut » Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:04 pm

Here's mine - Pebblestone Model Car Circuit, well-known among the Proxy racing fraternity;

118 Under lights 02.jpg

119 Under lights 01.jpg
gascarnut
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby mattb » Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:17 pm

Lots of different tracks over the years, I now stay with plastic so I can change it or box it up! The overpass side is actually 3 different length straights while the under side is 2 lengths, so it is not a straight figure 8. This current track is 30" X 7". We run only 1/24 solid chassis, extended Womps, H&R, Parma FCR, Sprintsplus cut and extended, Dynamic inline, and brass brackets on brass plate. It's all flat track moderately banked and shaped as discussed in another thread. The power supply is one of the $40 9-12 volt ham radio power supplies from Ebay, 30 amps, it runs everything.

P1010006.JPG
P1010008.JPG

Fitzy you sure got a bunch of clean Monogram track. 'That looks as nice as any I have seen. I do have a bunch if you find you need some odd pieces. It is my favorite slot track.
mattb
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:50 pm

How similar is that Mongram track to the old Riggens-Revell track from the 60s?
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby FC47 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:52 pm

Thanks Harry for kicking this into gear, and everybody for posting.
Lot of food for thought and inspirational pictures.
Can't post pics with a phone here but, theres a 30ft Carrera two-lane oval here with 9ft? straights.

Planning to do a likely three lane wood road course, over this winter, will score and time it with RC.
Might try and weave Hi-rail trains with it....
FC47
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby mattb » Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:39 pm

Monogram and Revell are the same dimensions, but connect in a different way. Both have deep slots and 3 1/2 inch lane spacing, Inner and outer curves are around and not impossible to find, same with aprons. They are a different color, Mono is kind of a grayish green looking color, Revell is dark gray and Riggen is black. I have seen guys mate Monogram straights to Revell straights so they could use the Revell banked turns, which are 4 inch lane spacing and use an entry track that spreads the lanes to 4 inch centers.
mattb
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

PreviousNext

Return to Reader's Roads