[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - CG Slotcars Microcarbon Inline Motor Pod - 0.5mm Offset

CG Slotcars Microcarbon Inline Motor Pod - 0.5mm Offset

Check here for new product updates and technical help.

CG Slotcars Microcarbon Inline Motor Pod - 0.5mm Offset

Postby SlotCarCorner » Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:31 am

SlotCarCorner
SCC Mechanic

Re: CG Slotcars Microcarbon Inline Motor Pod - 0.5mm Offset

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:34 am

I like this. Thanks for sharing it sir.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Z-carfan » Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:08 am

Very cool, I need a few of those.
What size brass tubing is the hole set for?
Z-carfan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby SlotCarCorner » Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:48 pm

The holes in the pod accept 1/16" OD brass tubing.
SlotCarCorner
SCC Mechanic

Postby Z-carfan » Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:50 pm

Thanks, just placed order for 2 of them. Cheers!
Z-carfan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby SlotCarCorner » Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:45 pm

Thank you Mike!

:text-thankyouyellow:
SlotCarCorner
SCC Mechanic

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:06 pm

A half millimeter offset is pretty small. Can we have some kind of description as to which way the offset is? I don't see any offset at all in the excellent photos, I assume that's because half a millimeter is such a tiny amount of space. We used to build chassis that used hypoid gears to lower the center of gravity, and we built chassis that had the motor offset to one side for ovals, etc. Sorry if I'm missing something obvious. I'm just beginning to think in terms of custom chassis that I can get other people to do the hard part of... if that makes any sense at all. Come on, guys, throw me a bone here.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby 32lbking » Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:54 pm

That is pretty cool. Is there by chance a 1/8" bushing available anywhere that would fit this pod ?
Randy
32lbking
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Changing-Gearz » Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:23 pm

I have to say - Bob takes an excellent product pictures!
The pod in my pictures with the Alfa kit is probably -2 from the production model..... The production model ended up with more features of course. I don't usually stop and take pictures of anything - and I forget why I was trying to document building that car.... It's still not finished of course - I know that! But I had the pictures and you get a better idea of how its used over a vanilla CAD model picture.

There is a weight pocket (or magnet) in front of the axle and behind the motor - hard to see in Bobs picture - but it's there.

The .5mm is the axle is raised up. It falls in line with the Italian 4 post pods etc....

In the last Alfa picture with the pod in hand - you can see down to the right there is a narrow front end piece as well. It's the same width as the pod has adjustable axle towers and has a body mount hole... There will be a narrow scratch kit shortly that contains the brass rod - the front end piece, a guide and a rear piece that will be a body mount that attaches to the pod.... Just need to finish the rear piece now.

I've had very good feedback on this pod in testing - so I know it will be a great alternative. Hopefully getting the cost of some 3D conversions down a little and there are plenty of endbell drive motors sitting on benches these days....

Thanks for all the support!! Hopefully we get more things away from Shapeways and into dealers hands in the next year or so... That will be a win for all of us I believe!

Matt
Changing-Gearz
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby steeveew » Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:57 pm

Any chance of a sidewinder version ?

Thanks,
Steve
steeveew
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Changing-Gearz » Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:49 pm

Changing-Gearz
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby steeveew » Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:25 pm

Thanks for the reply,I must have missed it.

Steve
steeveew
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Changing-Gearz » Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:34 am

Changing-Gearz
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to Slot Car Corner News Center