[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - What's on your bench right now? [1/43]

What's on your bench right now? [1/43]

1/43rd Scale Slot Car Forum

Re: what´s on your bench right now? [1/43]

Postby Dodgefarmer » Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:49 pm

Thanks guys. They are not all that willing to stick to anything either. :(

Randy
Dodgefarmer
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby pfuetze » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:54 am

not even your fingers? ;)
pfuetze
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby taskak » Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:21 am

Nice Lancia Randy, should be a quick one too.

I usually use micro set with old decals, if they don't shatter into pieces as soon as you try to slip them off the paper that is.
If they still want to come off after they are dry I brush some Gator's Grip Acrylic Hobby Glue under them.
I use same stuff to put glasses to bodies.

Cheers

Aki
taskak
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:31 am

I use Future Floor polish( it has a new brand name now) It dries glossy and actually helps the decal conform, a little like micro set.
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Dodgefarmer » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:18 am

Thanks guys
@Peter. Fingers are the 1 exception to the rule,even 3 days later
@Aki. Thanks Aki. It tested very fast, especially through the corners.A set of trued Barc Bites have serious grip. The decals had a lot of long thin sections that shattered trying to get them off the backing.
@Dan I used Pledge (future) to glue the numbers to the backing (I stole a roll of the wifes canning jar labels :lol: )

Randy
Dodgefarmer
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby taskak » Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:13 am

taskak
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby pfuetze » Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:46 am

very nice work on the chassis, Aki!
pfuetze
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby taskak » Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:50 am

taskak
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby LloydL » Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:54 pm

Very nice chassis work Aki, you make the bodies look good!

Regards, Lloyd.
LloydL
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby pfuetze » Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:28 am

very nice work, Aki!
what motor are you using?
pfuetze
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:05 am

Very nice Aki. I have a couple of castings from Lloyd as well. I have a Volvo out on the bench right now.

I like the brass chassis. I have been working with brass a lot lately myself. I have built a few for some older bodies that I had previously done.

What are the specs on the motor?
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby taskak » Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:27 am

Thanks guys!

Lloyd, like you said with little work these bodies could be used.
That's was the case, only little bit of sanding and trimming is done so far.
But the there is still a lot of work to be done before they are finished, Alpine needs front bumpers and rally lights at least.
I was planning to go for street car look with these cars but the Alpine turned out to be a real smooth runner.
I decided to paint both cars with the same blue color I used on a Amarok truck and add 1971 Monte Carlo liveries to Alpine.
So if you ever decide to have a Little Monte Rally proxy I got something that fits the theme.

Motor is Micro Scalextric motor, but I can't find any specs about it.
Works well on my track, bought 10 chassis without axles and wheels for 1,7€ each, shipped.
I had one in the Ascona on last ProNoMag.
I don't know does Peter member anything about motor performance of that car, or did the car even stayed on a track long enough :D

Speaking of that car, it had brass plate chassis made from 0.5 mm brass with the same motor.
Chassis was too soft, the Amarok chassis is similar than that but both front and rear end are much more stiffer.
This was done by adding small pieces of brass to both end.
This new type chassis is mostly made from 1 mm brass, except "sidepans".
Even that it looks in the pictures very heavy this new type chassis of Alpine weights only 32g.
Ascona's brass plate chassis is actually 3g heavier.
The whole Alpine car, body and chassis weights currently 38g, body that Lloyd has made is really thin and of course it's very small car too.
And there is lot of weight that can be removed from the chassis by trimming and by drilling holes to the frame.
taskak
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:32 am

Thanks for the info Aki

Here is what just came off of my bench A possible 2018 ProNoMag chassis. Two piece flat brass with an integral motor mount. Rear bearings, 8-20 gearing( not ideal, but these motors at 12 volts are only turning 15-17 k, and when up against 25 K motors I need to get as much speed as I can). Torque and stopping with these motors is good so the cars perform OK and during practice for the Kleskun Hills race they are turning competitive times on my track. Tires are BARC Bites and the chassis weighs 39 grams. This was built to put under a Porsche 956 that was entered last year.

I may throw in a GO motor in the next chassis in this arrangement and see what I get for performance out of it

I clean up the chassis with an abrasive brush in my dremel, and have now started painting them.

Think I will finally build up the Volvo that Lloyd sent me next
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby LloydL » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:18 am

:D Nice work everybody!

Aki, I usually tell everybody that these bodies need a lot of work to finish, but someone with your ability will have no problems!

:D :D :D

Regards, Lloyd.
LloydL
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby taskak » Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:30 am

Okay Lloyd :D

That's nice chassis Dan, painting those really pays off.
I painted both truck chassis too that I sent to the proxy.
I'll keep working with brass too to get something different to the next ProNoMag.
I was thinking about doing maybe something like you did with Lotus 30,
might work with the slot devil motor.
taskak
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

PreviousNext

Return to HRW 1/43rd Scale