[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Ford-Porsche Wars - Round #1 - The River Run

Ford-Porsche Wars - Round #1 - The River Run

Here we go! Round #2 in what started last year as a proxy duel between both builders and marques.

Re: Ford-Porsche Wars - Round #1 - The River Run

Postby OrakeiRacer » Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:31 pm

Thanks Allan and the team for kicking off a great series. It was like waiting for Christmas ... one more sleep! Congrads to the top 3. I see 133 was blocking to hold 4th place - good car(I trained you well!). 211 is still in the top 10 so happy with that, had a inkling it would be a bit more of a handful in a race situation - now if I could get Allan to glue some piano wire into the rear of the chassis, maybe reset up the front, new motor, it would be sweet... :lol:
OrakeiRacer

Postby Lou E » Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:11 pm

Well done everyone!!!

Thank you for a great, action filled first round. You guys kicked this thing off right!!
Lou E
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby arroldn » Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:04 pm

Thanks Allan and crew for running the inaugural race of the Ford-Porsche Wars.
Congratulations to the Podium finishers. I am tickled red to be in the top 1/3 of the field ahead of some known fast proxy car builders. I just hope the car can stay in the upper 1/3 of the field. Now my Ford that's another story. I should have changed that gear I think but it was a quick replacement for a car that was having issues. Guess it will just ride around in the bottom 1/3.

Thanks again and hats off to all participants.

Arrold
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby mrollingthunder » Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:14 pm

Great job guys, and thanks for the great photos! I love the shot of my Mirage under the MKIV, some people say it's owner has the same driving style on 1:1 racetrack.... ;)
mrollingthunder
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby F1Fan » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:18 pm

Thank you to Allan and team for bringing us this round, great to see the series getting underway so soon.

Congratulations to everyone that is pleased with their result and well done to those on the podium.

Grabbing my iPad and checking the news and fav forums is what I do first thing when I wake up in the morning, I was delighted to see #7 in 13th spot, a good improvement from qualifying...then I turned the iPad the right side up and car #7 dropped to 31st :D

My skills in proxy car building has obviously slipped, at least I still have my health and sense of humor!

Cheers

Chris
F1Fan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby arroldn » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:37 pm

Chris,
I doubt seriously if your car building skills have slipped. It must be the parts are getting better and if one does extensive research you can see what has been working in various proxies. Now I do know some builders never show their gear ratios. They seem to always be in the top 5 (um wonder who that could be)? I just hope my #9 can stay in the top 1/3rd.

Arrold
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Brumos RSR » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:57 pm

Wow what a change from qualifying up and down the grid. Congratulations to Drw21, Kidvoltage (that #23 I was talking about) and Sir Smokeio. Amazing how the #111 and the #33 virtually swapped places from qualifying to racing. That was truly unexpected. Allan, Thank you for hosting and posting, Matt, Bob and Jeff thanks for getting the most out of my cars and Bob thanks for marshaling as I'm sure my cars kept you busy.
Brumos RSR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby CrockettNZ » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:09 pm

thanks for running the round guy's
congrats to the podiumites
mid pack for my car but I am happy with that
bring on race 2
CrockettNZ
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby DRW21 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:45 pm

Thank You to the team that made the 1st race of this awesome series such a big kick off for a start.
I bet the racing was very close looking at the lap times and total distance covered.
Great write up and pix too, love the cheeky comments, keep them coming.
Well done guys, bring on race 2.
Dave
DRW21
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:06 am

Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:10 am

Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Brumos RSR » Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:55 am

Brumos RSR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby alexis in greece » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:32 am

Thanks Allan and team for running the inaugural race of Ford-Porsche Wars.
Congratulations to the podium winners.As for my car (#28) target was not met(top half) ,i could not make that chassis to work satisfactorily and run out of time.
alexis in greece
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby docdoom » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:50 am

Great job to all.I did better than I thought I would do with this my 1st proxie ever and only been back into slot cars for little over two years.had twenty years racing rc cars so lot of that can be passed along.t y for the 3rd place . Off to the next round
docdoom
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Smokeio » Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:17 am

Thanks for the great run. This proxy looks to be a competitive series!
Smokeio
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

PreviousNext

Return to Ford-Porsche Wars Proxy 2017