Chipping SCX Nascar to Carrera

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

Chipping SCX Nascar to Carrera

Postby Chunker88 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:19 pm

Can anyone point me in the right direction on how to chip SCX Nascar 1/32 scale to Carrera. HotSlots use to have a YouTube video but I can't find it anymore since they went out of business
Chunker88

Re: Chipping SCX Nascar to Carrera

Postby Nor Cal Mike » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:39 pm

Saw this sitting with no replies so decided to pipe in. I can't clue to an article but I can tell you this. Because Carrera and SCX both use inline chassis, the chip should fit in the SCX about the same location as any Carrera digital car. You will have to locate where the LED light will be and drill a hole in the chassis so the light can shine through. There are lots of ways to fasten the chip in place, I and a lot of other people have used hot glue. The wiring should hook up the same. You will have to either cut or or disengage the power rails running along the chassis to prevent contact to the motor. The chip will be wired into that gap. It would be nice if you can scrounge up some Carrera wires with the plug and solder them so that your chip is plug and play. If you don't have that plug the next best thing to do is to hard wire the chip by soldering the leads directly to the motor and the power rails.
Nor Cal Mike
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Chunker88 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:00 pm

Thanks for the response Mike. I was beginning to wonder. I love Nascar and I've got a seller who's willing to make me a deal on a ton of new SCX Nascar. Thanks again
Chunker88

Postby Nor Cal Mike » Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:12 pm

All of my chipping experience has been with SSD. I have several SCX cars with SSD chips installed. There is a lot more flexibility with SSD due to the smaller chip size. But the Nascar project that you have in mind should be pretty straight forward to do.
Nor Cal Mike
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby 32lbking » Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:30 pm

Here is a link to a Carrera chipping thread complete with a video in stages.Just below the heading "step by step chipping with a video" click on scx and there is an scx cuda chipped to D/132.
Hope this helps,
Randy
http://www.slotcarillustrated.com/porta ... hp?t=57550
32lbking
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale