[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - NEED 2 PIECES OF SCX BASS PRO BANKED TURNS

NEED 2 PIECES OF SCX BASS PRO BANKED TURNS

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

NEED 2 PIECES OF SCX BASS PRO BANKED TURNS

Postby mattb » Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:19 am

A friend wants to convert a Bass Pro set to a standard oval instead of the tri-oval as packaged from SCX. He says he needs two more banked turns to do that. If anybody has 2 pieces I will be glad to buy them.

thanks
matt b
mattb
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: NEED 2 PIECES OF SCX BASS PRO BANKED TURNS

Postby beslotted » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:04 am

beslotted

Postby mattb » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:09 am

He has the SCX set that was sold before BP went with Carrera. I am pretty sure I could make an oval with what is in the set, but this guy is challenged with all things slot, even though he has been playing with them for 30 years. I think the SCX must have 2 flat curves in the front stretch dogleg, which the other curves are banked. I never took the track out of the box, it was a set I bought cheap to keep on hand when somebod would ask me about getting a set for kid or beginner. I am pretty sure you could put the two flat curves in there somewhee and make the track an oval. I have done serious twisting to lots of plastic track!

I try to keep used stuff on hand so I can supply a cheap set to somebody that wants to start in slots.

mb
mattb
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby WB2 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:24 pm

Could this be what you're looking for: http://www.ebay.com/itm/SCX-1-SET-88680 ... Sw2gxYuaeU
WB2
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby mattb » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:50 pm

I don't think that is the correct track. The track in the set has the wire connectors that slide into the next piece. I think they call it digital track. I don't have the set and I am not sure about the radi of the curve. I am hoping somebody that has the same set might know and maybe have the extra pieces.
mattb
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby beslotted » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:30 pm

beslotted

Postby mattb » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:36 pm

I Think that is the set, the guy that tried to set it up is challenged by this stuff. I would go set it up, but he took it 100 miles away to his grandson! I will have to convince him it will work if he tries. Life and hobbies are hard for some people. Most of the guys here have no problems with this kind of stuff. I don't know if it's talent or just we refuse to quit!!!
mattb
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Rinkrat99 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:28 am

Good morning all

In the photo below there is a crashwall surrounding the banked curve. What material is being used to wrap the curved sections and how is that secured to the track? I am thinking of something similar for a Carrera 2/45 banked curve and was hoping to also make a structure that supports the track as well as incorporate the crashwall.

Thoughts?

Thanks
Rinkrat99

Postby mattb » Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:49 pm

I'm not sure what is int hat pic, but I have always used the plastic sign material like the politicians put in your yard, cut it to the right size, paint it and get out my glue gun.

The guy that bought the SCX set from me, now says it is junk and the controllers are junk and he is going to rout a track for his grandkid, (3 years old) on a 4 X 8 sheet. I suggested he get the SCX set working right and volunteered to help before he decides to junk it. I think his skill set just makes it hard for him to get things tuned up. I do think it is pretty junky, but I think that about all these plastic cars, and I am used to 1/24 cars and track with a controller that costs more than an SCX set! I set up that SCX set for the kid at the church earlier this summer and it did work fine.

I then suggested Carrera if he just wanted a plug and play 1/24 set on a 4 X 8 board for 1/24 cars. Of course, I said come and look at my Carrera track and I do have a couple new Carrera sets. I came to my sense's and said I wouldn't sell him anything else, but I would show him Carrera and he can go buy somewhere else. That way I don't get blamed because he can't get the results he wants!!!
mattb
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Rinkrat99 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:34 am

Came up with an idea of using a 2x4" dimensional lumber cut at 30 degrees to match the banking. Will add a verticle post to attach to underside of the track similar to stock supports. This also allows a vertical 1 1/2" wall perpendicular to the track to attach a crash wall most likely oak-tag or maybe the sheet-rock shims. Oak tag could be cut to height better
Rinkrat99

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale