[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Scalextric Ford MKIV Coming Soon

Scalextric Ford MKIV Coming Soon

Latest Slot Car News - ALL SCALES

Scalextric Ford MKIV Coming Soon

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:18 am

Just heard these are inbound. Check your local/favorite dealer.

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Re: Scalextric Ford MKIV Coming Soon

Postby btaylor » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:45 am

Not a bad looking car, but whats up with that drivers head??? it looks like a 1/24 scale.

Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:03 pm

The return of Mr. Blobbyhead! After all these years!
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby Wobble » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:41 pm

I reckon that'll be a runner that one. I have a NSR version and a MRRC body sitting on a Scaley Ford GT40 chassis and this will fill the gap nicely.
Wobble
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Austin » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:06 pm

With working lights I hope :text-thankyouyellow:
Austin
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TuscoTodd » Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:43 pm

Looking forward to getting my hands on one of those!
:D
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby Dangermouse » Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:43 pm

Think that is a 3D render which might explain the driver.... the photos on the Scalextric page of the actual car look better
https://www.scalextric.com/uk-en/ford-g ... inner.html

unfortunately it looks like they have decided to put a FF050 motor in it.... I would have thought that given the GT40 and P330 is sidewinder - they would have gone that way - or seeing as though new models /chassis (tooling) seem to be inline then a FC130 would have been better especially as they are planning to release a box set with P330s in it - it is a shame the cars won't be comparable in performance.

However all that being said I am sure I will get one or two of them as they look great
Dangermouse
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Dogsbody » Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:18 am

Wonderful entry into the tractor pull class... :roll: just what were they thinking with those ridiculously tall rear tires?
Dogsbody
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby WB2 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:35 am

UK dealer MRE gave the car a pretty bad review.
Unless I see it in person, I'll stick with my NSR version of this car and the four MRRC MkIVs I have.
WB2
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:47 am

It isn't very well executed. The rear wheels and tires are more than enough to take away from it.

The driver, rear spoiler, means little to me after seeing the wheels and tires. Even if those were better, the first glaring issue takes all the scale appeal away.

It is a shame. In this day and age of plentiful prototype data and advanced CAD/3D, there really isn't any excuse for this.

I'll have the car soon and then I can truly see for myself.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Austin » Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:48 pm

Alot of us put after market wheels and tires on these cars so to put a drivers head is just one more thing we can replace. I will be looking to do it. Keeps Paul and SCC in working hard.
As for the FF050 motor in it, well we will see. :naughty:
Austin
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby red73mustang » Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:55 pm

red73mustang
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chappyman66 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:46 pm

Replacement wheels and tires don't fill those huge wheel wells.....
I can't bring myself to like it. Maybe be right for some but not for me.
chappyman66
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:53 pm

waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Return to Slot Car News!