Wanted - This 'Wussy' wants your magnets

Used Car Salesman?
Buyers & Sellers HQ
Forum rules
1. Please list multiple cars/items in one topic if possible. This reduces the clutter on the portal view.
2. Please include prices in your post or at least a "make offer".
3. Please respond to PM (private message) or provide valid email for contact.
4. If you post and do not respond to customer posts or email, the topic will be deleted.

Wanted - This 'Wussy' wants your magnets

Postby Half Fast Slotter » Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:50 pm

OK - Call me a wussy or whatever you want to, but I am looking for some of those 1/32 traction magnets that you anti-magnet folks don't want or need anymore.

The folks who generally drive on my burgeoning track are much better at emulating John Force than Dan Gurney. Since they are all non-slotters who just come by to drink my beer and try to wreck my blossoming scenery, I am happy to emasculate myself (figuratively speaking) and use the magnets to keep their minds, and my cars, on the track longer. I can adjust the speed on the Carrera digital control unit, but we still manage to provide free flying lessons for the poor little :auto-driving: 1/32 drivers periodically. Some yahoos just don't understand or appreciate the physics of a curve in the raceway, but it is a good time and provides us lots of comic relief.

Please help. PM me if you have any magnets laying around. I prefer the bar magnets for Carrera and Slot.it and maybe Scaley. If I'm the wuss for using traction magnets, feel free to prove your manhood and rid yourselves of those troublesome magnets.
Thanks,
Half Fast Slotter
Half Fast Slotter
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Wanted - This 'Wussy' wants your magnets

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:26 pm

My fridge has over 200 magnets from slot cars, and I still have a 9 inch tall column of them out in the shop.

Have you looked into any problems with mailing these suckers? I can just see the P.O. and Homeland Security going apeshoot when the package passes the detector!

Send me a PM with a mailing address, and I'll estimate the shipping. Should be more than you need. I say that, but I haven't looked at them in years. Fortunately, I have been sorting cars lately, and I know where the old magnets are.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby btaylor » Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:31 am

HFSlotter, I would not call anyone running magnets a wussy. I'll bet, that most "home" tracks are ran with them. I have recently went to digital racing on a 60ft technical track, with seven lane changers. I have had folks come race with me on both ovals, my 80ft road course, and the hill climb. It gets a few grins, but most non slotters get tired of crashing at every corner, and their interest diminishes quickly. On the new digi track, I am running magnets, and tuning the cars to stay in place as best as possible. I now have folks coming back to race way more often than I had before. I can still run no mag cars if I want to, but it seemed to help getting new racers by using them. I also found out, that tuning a mag car is not near as easy as I thought. Al wheels and tires still need trued, guides need to be right, clearances on body and tires still need to be addressed, and the list goes on. So, in my humble opinion, running magnets is just another way of having fun with slot cars. not better, not worse, just another option. I had very recently asked Harry to send me any extra mags he might have, as I had removed most of mine in the past, and now I need them and cant find them!

Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:40 am

I'll see about some for you, too, Bob. I'll be in the shop today.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:16 pm

Guys, I need to hear from you about magnet shapes. I have lots of Slot.it bars, regular bars, and loads of buttons.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby btaylor » Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:24 pm

Rob, i dont meen to hijack this thread, but if you have bar mags, those are what i need. After slotters needs of course.
Thanks
Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby Half Fast Slotter » Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:37 pm

I am looking for bar style also. Have plenty of button mags. Preference is 1) carrera, 2) slot.it and 3) any other bars. Anything is appreciated and just pm cost. Thanks to all thread readers and responders.
Half Fast Slotter
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:43 pm

The packages are in the mail. I can't get PM to work, but as soon as it does, I'll send you the tracking numbers.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby btaylor » Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:11 am

Thanks Rob! pp was sent off, you should have it. Appreciate the trouble and effort of getting these up for us.
Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:08 pm

Very happy to do it, guys.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby btaylor » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:30 pm

Got mine at lunch Rob. Holly cow!!!! that's enough for a lifetime. Thanks a bunch for these.
Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:53 pm

I heard from half fast too, so that's both in hand without getting into P.O. or Homeland trouble. Very good outcome for everybody.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby Half Fast Slotter » Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:37 am

A public thanks to Rob/waaytomuchintothis for his speedy response and generosity in sharing. Thanks.
jeff
Half Fast Slotter
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to FOR SALE!