[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Confirmation again....

Confirmation again....

In honor of one of the best slot car builders in our hobby.
Share your chassis & scratchbuilt artwork here.

Confirmation again....

Postby SuperSlab » Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:06 pm

Last edited by SuperSlab on Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SuperSlab
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Confirmation again....

Postby Brumos RSR » Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:54 pm

Can't wait til Friday!!!
Brumos RSR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TuscoTodd » Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:24 pm

That turned out GREAT!!!
Bravo sir!
:handgestures-thumbup:
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:40 pm

:text-goodpost: :text-yeahthat:
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:41 pm

They must have a lot of floods in B.C. I can tell because you are sandbagging like Capt. Noah of the Coast Guard!

That's a flawless car if you ask me, and that particular car is very hard to do well. I have fought the good fight with that one and its cousin, the Lola GT (Monogram shell). You did fine, and I bet you know it. Be proud.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby Dodgefarmer » Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:15 pm

WOW!!! It doesn't matter if that car even runs. That is the most beautiful slot car I have ever seen. I grew up North American, automobiles were chevy, ford, dodge (definitely not in that order). :lol: It wasn't until I got back into slots that I began to realize what I was what I was missing. The almost seemingly infinite (to me) variety of European exotic sports cars is truly a wonder to behold, and this Lola has to be at the top of the list. Alwyn would you have a link to that body?

Thank You for posting this car
Randy
Dodgefarmer
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby FootScoot » Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:16 pm

Looks great to me! Probably much better than I could do. That is a hard car to get right and you have done very well.
FootScoot
Mini Model Master

Postby bobbyraz49 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:37 pm

It's awesome ! Congrats !
bobbyraz49
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby strangebrew » Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:09 pm

You see....It's not that hard. :lol:
As I've posted several times on here. If you can't solder....Just super glue styrene together :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Seriously....GREAT JOB :dance:
strangebrew
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby SuperSlab » Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:17 pm

SuperSlab
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:42 pm

There ya go! Don't be surprised to find that you feel more confident every time you do one of these. Good for you!
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby Wobble » Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:17 pm

"And I must say I think it looks rather nice". That's you and me both Sir. Great job.
Wobble
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chappyman66 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:23 pm

Alwyn,
You have done a wonderful job with what I consider to be one of the most beautiful cars of the era. The Lola GT has always been a favorite, and the bulging Mecom beast is the ultimate Lola GT.

I like your solution....a solo pod is the theory for some of the 3D printed pods that attach with wire or brass rod. Running smooth is the start, and with a car you want sometimes that is enough.

I have two resin copies of the Monogram....and haven't been brave enough to tackle them. Thanks for sharing and the inspiration!
chappyman66
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:17 pm

Nice job on a wonderful car. It turned out real well. its a looker for sure.
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Dodgefarmer » Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:34 pm

Thank you for the link Alwyn. My apologies for a misunderstanding on the "doesn't run" comment. I am aware that, that is a very respectable time. My comment was more directed that even "if" it were a shelf queen or a static model it is an extraordinarily beautiful car.

Thanks again
Randy
Dodgefarmer
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Next

Return to The Marty Stanley Scratchbuilders Shop