Honda RA 272

For 1/32nd Scale Models

Honda RA 272

Postby BARC 1 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:07 pm

Well this has been a long time coming. A 132 1967 proxy got me interested in these vintage F1 racers, but I hadn't built one before and I didn't think I could get one finished in time for the race.

I did not give up on the idea though and after much reading I decided on 1964/65 vintage cars as I just liked the looks of these. I made up a mold so I could pop out resin tubes for the body. I noticed on most of these cars you would need to really look hard to see a difference in the basic body. The real differences were the rear cowling and exhaust, which is where I will spend some time to differentiate the builds

First up is the Honda RA 272. The plan is to build a Lotus, BRM, and a Ferrari to add to this first one.

I jumped a head a bit as this is not finished, but I just applied the decals and thought I would show a few shots before it is finished. It still needs an interior which will consist of a dashboard and steering wheel. I need to add the Axle support structure front and rear, and also add some rear springs.( I have an interesting idea to try with these) I will need to vacuum form a windscreen as well. The chassis is Brass and Lego, which I will take pictures of when I have it apart to clear coat the decals. I got some PGT urethane s coming but for now it is riding on some old Scalextrics rubber. Motor is the Minebea S can and it really works well in this car. I did the decals up on my Laser jet, and just got them printed and applied tonight.

As I progress along I hope to improve each build, as I understand what does and doesn't work in these little cars. I have cast enough shells to redo the Honda at the end, as I am hoping my skills and techniques will create improving cars, and this first attempt can be looked at as the launching point for improved versions.
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Honda RA 272

Postby Brumos RSR » Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:24 pm

That's very cool. I will be watching, I also hope to run this proxy in the near future.
Brumos RSR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:57 am

Hear is a shot of the Chassis. pretty simple. Brass plate and some Lego blocks for bearing blocks.

BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:50 pm

More progress shots. All that is left is the windscreen, and then I am on to a Ferrari 158

BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to 1/32 Showcase