[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - cataract news

cataract news

Friendly, Off Topic Chatter

cataract news

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:11 pm

Today wasn't at all what I was told. From 1:30 to 4:45, I was tested, observed, poked, did the eye chart 3 times, and had a total of 8 sets of drops in my eyes- 3 of them all at once near the end of the testing. Lots of news from today. I will have the surgeries on the 21st and the 28th of this month (woohoo!).

Also, my cataracts are unique. They are a knot in the exact center of each eye. Apparently, that's special. He called inthe other Drs and the Nurse Practitioners, and his surgery assistant to look at them. "You may never see cataracts like this.", he said. whoop-de-do.

And it has been raining here since 10 this morning, solid. I just drove home at 70mph in pouring rain, pushed along bumper to bumper by hundreds of insane yuppies wanting to get home fast. My heart is still pounding. Oh yeah, and my eyes were triple dialated while driving home. AAAAUUUUUGGGGGHHHH!!!
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Re: cataract news

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:23 pm

Yes, be careful.

You need a chauffeur.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby frank9129 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:46 pm

I had cataract surgery on my eyes 10 years ago. It didn't help that I also had glaucoma.
Any surgery is scary. Relax, this type of surgery is now state of the art.
You will be fine and you will see so much better.
First thing you will notice is how WHITE thing are.
Bless you,
frank9129
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby mattb » Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:56 pm

My wife has glaucoma and they reccomended laser cataract surgery. It was successful and she no longer uses drops, there was an extra procedure they dd with the laser and they can't do that with standard knife surgery. That procedure helps with glaucoma.

My father had cataracts the grew deep and they were harder to remove, but his surgery was successful.
mattb
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Brumos RSR » Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:25 pm

Brumos RSR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:40 pm

"Ah Magoo, you've done it again, eh eh eh..."

They were very interested in whether I had any glaucoma in my family (I didn't), and then they explained just what you said about the different procedure for glaucoma.

Frank, I have been looking forward to color for a long time. I am a bit apprehensive about finding out the colors I mixed for slot car paint jobs might be really wonky. My cataracts look like huge golden orbs that occupy almost all of my lens. The Drs have said several times that it is the muscles around my eyes that allow me to see at all, forcing the eyeball to a shape that allows me to see around the golden fog.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby FootScoot » Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:18 pm

You have nuts in your part of the country that drive like maniacs in the rain too, eh? They do that here too , and they leave their lights off also. It's like they don't want anyone to see them.

Good luck on your upcoming surgery. They wanted me to have a bone graft done on my finger, but I decided not to do it. That's OK I don't need to ride motorcycles anymore.
FootScoot
Mini Model Master

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:58 pm

Thanks, Ken. At our age, motorcycles can be awful hard on the bones.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Return to Bench Racer's Lounge