[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - TGIF - New Cars and Projects

TGIF - New Cars and Projects

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

TGIF - New Cars and Projects

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:35 am

Time for some coffee over a cool photo.

Been a very busy week finishing up one of the 1/32 Sportsman Camaros. Now moving up the scale ladder to another project.

With the addition of the latest Allison Cyclone, it was time to start on a new series of cars. All of them will be built to match as close as possible for some hopefully great door to door action.
The first chassis was finished up last night and has now been broken down and drying in the paint shop.

Some new Carrera on the way in 1/32. Will be busy with one review plus plenty of photos of others.

And getting ready for the big Labor Day Shootout next weekend! Have to get the old Skunkworks snazzy as possible for the top shelf clientle arriving :)

Hope all of you had a great week and have a fun weekend. :auto-checkeredflag:
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Re: TGIF - New Cars and Projects

Postby btaylor » Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:07 am

Looks like some great projects in the works Harry! And a very cool looking chassis going on there as well. I will be in the demolition mode this weekend, as we are forecasted some cooler less humid weather! The oval will be getting a serious rethinking and of course that will cause some grilling time too.
If time permits, I will be getting a very large 6 car SSD track set up and functioning, so it will be ready when we move it to its final spot. It will have full PC support using the rcs64 system and pit pro. This should be a lesson in computer dynamics for me, as I still have trouble with a smart phone :oops: I am looking forward to seeing 6 cars run on two lanes! should be a crash fest till I get it sorted out. Have a great weekend all!

Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:38 am

If anyone can figure that out, its you, Bob. Go get 'em.

And Harry, I notice that whenever there's a photo of Smokey, he's got coffee. Is that just coincidence or was he a serious javafiend?
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby btaylor » Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:59 am

Thanks Rob. Smokey was a wrench by trade. We All drink it by the gallon, and usually smoke like a chimney too.

Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby FC47 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:58 pm

Looking forward to seeing you do these, they'll be great, working on a Pearson resin bodied one here. Harry, is that Camaro body you've done up nicely available somehow?
Have fun!

Paul
FC47
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:33 pm

waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:19 pm

I remember Rob!

Yes the Camaro body is available sir. Just shoot me a PM or email.

In his book, Smokey tells the story of his last night of hard drinking. I won't repeat it here...needless to say that when he woke up and discovered his actions, he put a cork in what was left of the whiskey.
He hung the bottle by a rope from the center rafter of his famous shop to remind him of that night. Of the money it cost him and the physical discomfort he endured days after.

He never drank anything harder than coffee after that.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby FC47 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:29 pm

That Torino is pretty neat man,

Harry, thanks, pm on the way in a few, i thought that was from your stables..
Remember cars like that running a third mile back in the early 80's

Paul
FC47
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chappy » Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:44 am

Doing the finishing touches on my Honda RA273 for the 1967 year F1 proxy race.
99 percent done, but still trying to get the suspension look figured out so it works as well as looks good. Shipping out on Monday so time is critical and i imagine a few burned fingers on this one
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby mattb » Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:31 am

Harry, what motor are you running in the stocker chassis? What gear do you run? I might try soldering tube together to create a similiar frame sometime. My soldering skills , or lack of, make it hard to keep everything together while I try to solder it together. You seem to have beat that problem of too much heat spread thru the whole frame. Nice work.

I guess I will stick to a brass plate for foundation of my frames, as I can't get it so hot everything falls apart!!!! Put up some more pics when your chassis is finish painted.
mattb
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:09 am

For this series I am using the new JAWS motor. Plenty of RPM for my track and the torque really scoots it out of the corners.
SCC Steelies (ribless) with PG and Shotgunz tires. Using both for the fun of it.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby TuscoTodd » Sat Aug 26, 2017 3:54 pm

Great looking chassis Harry!
:handgestures-thumbup:
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby mattb » Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:10 pm

Jaws is a good choice, unless it can overpower a smaller track. It is what I finally picked for our Monday nite outlaw races. We are running them in simple chassis on a Blue King and they are a great choice. We are not setting them up as fast as possible, but just trying to get them all tuned into 8 second laps. This has been pretty easy to do. We run at least a second and a half faster than the breakout the local class racers run.

I haven't tried setting up a car with a gear ratio of 4 to 1 or better to see how they do on my shorter/tighter home track. I still run the MT5's on the small track.
mattb
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale