[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Carrera Ford GT

Carrera Ford GT

All the Latest & Greatest New Product Reviews!
Share Your Thoughts!

Re: Carrera Ford GT

Postby Drewbert34 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:30 am

Drewbert34
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby RichD » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:52 pm

I had considered a similar modification, but that would not be legal under our rules. If the front end was lowered by that method the guide flag would still hold up the front of the car.
RichD
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby grenou2009 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:58 am

grenou2009

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:15 am

How many miles does that older one have on it? There is a lot to be said for good break in time.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby grenou2009 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:34 am

Not knowing how many milles travelled but checking in my Quicken accounts, I bought the CR6 in sept. 2014, then the CR7 in aug. 2015 and the CR8 jan. 2017. Like you mentioned, for sure that CR6 ran much more than the other 2;
p.s. my old black BMW M3 DTM car beets all of my 1/32's and that one was bought in july 2014, so I guess my 2014 cars are running pretty good ;)
grenou2009

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:43 am

Well yes, we don't know how many miles. I worded that wrong.

Some of the fastest Carrera are my older C6's. lots of time in them and those motors are well broken in.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Drewbert34 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:31 am

To add color to the motor break in discussion. I have a stock Carrera E200 in my Farfus DTM that will match a Pirhana motored similarly equipped DTM. Granted, that's an exception vs. the rule, but that Farfus car was my very 1st DTM car with more laps than I could even guess.
Drewbert34
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby grenou2009 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:30 pm

grenou2009

Postby RichD » Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:06 am

There are a couple of things that might cause the Ford GT to be a little slower. For one thing the car has a lot of ground clearance, so even though the body looks lower the actual CG might be about the same. The car is also on the heavy side, in order to reproduce the flying buttresses the body has two parts and that adds weight higher up. In my case I am running on wood tracks, one of our tracks does have Magnabraid, but we run without traction magnets in any case. If you do run with traction magnets consider that with the Ford GT the magnets would be further away from the rails.
When you tune cars to run without magnets little things can have a big impact on how the car will handle. The cars will benefit from having some body float, without it the cars tend to chatter when you accelerate out of a turn. Too much body float can cause the handling to become erratic.
Another issue to consider is the motors. There is a fair variation in the performance of the motors. I don't have a 1/32nd track, when I get a new motor I run it in on the bench for 30 minutes at 6 volts. I flush the commutator with contact cleaner and oil the bearings before I check the RPMs with a non-contact tachometer. The motors that I have tested range from 16 to 20K RPM. The Ford GT that I have came with a 17K motor, I switched to a 19K motor. RPM readings by themselves do not tell the whole story, but the can separate the dogs from the possible winners.
The tires that come with the cars are not necessarily all the same, the tires that came with the two Corvette C7Rs that I bought were harder than the ones On the Ford GT. The tires will benefit from being trued, but I found that the softer tires were difficult to true.
RichD
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby grenou2009 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:11 pm

grenou2009

Previous

Return to Product Reviews!