[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - V solo racing season. Eleventh round and Final

V solo racing season. Eleventh round and Final

PROXY Racing! A place to post race events, rules, reports & general information.

Re: V solo racing season. Seventh round.

Postby slothead » Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:46 am

Sorry I haven't been in the paddock much recently. Mrs. Grump and I got into an argument awhile back and I ended up telling her if she thought she could do any better go ahead, take over the team. So then what happens - we actually won both races in round 6. With my face fully covered with egg (American expression meaning embarrassment) I had to return with my tail between my legs (American expression meaning someone that's been put in their place) and beg to be allowed back. Once back with the team I started bragging about how we were finally on the right track and were going to kick everyone's backside from now on. I even found a bookie (American slang for someone who's smarter that you think) who took a big bet from me that we'd sweep our races in round 7 as we did in round 6. Then after losing the first race I made it double or nothing that we'd at least split races, and now that we lost both races (again) I'm on the run (again) because I don't have the money to pay off the bookie (American slang for a guy who breaks bones when he's mad).

If you see a big guy chewing on a cigar who's looking for me, please tell him I went to the bank. Meanwhile, I'm going to put on a disguise and find something to hide behind.

Slothead
slothead
The Doctor is IN!

Postby chappy » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:44 am

Ive seen cars in a slow drift, but i think im on a slow slide, 2 points back 4 points back now 7 points back. This slide has to stop before im chasing myself.
So All you front runners , the gauntlet has been thrown down , if you see me in your rearciew mirror , get ready for a battle, but if you see me in your front wi dshield please wave as you go by lol
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby CJR » Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:28 am

CJR RACING has recently completed more high altitude testing and is looking forward to turning the rest of the season around. The recent run of poor results has caused a little dissent in the team. But the high altitude of the secret training facility in Colorado has the team back on track and focused on results. There is no truth to the rumors that we are considering fitting the V-16.
CJR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TuscoTodd » Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:14 pm

The McLaren team keeps digging - but finding the balance between traction and handling seems to be allusive! With talk of investment in new suspension components stalled until next season, the team is going to have to look at other options to get the red & white racer to hook up and stay in the racing groove...
(latest update... it appears as though a call has been placed to Bismuth & Lead Specialties for some specially designed ballast blocks to lower the center of gravity and provide a bit more tire bite! Will it work? The McLaren team is hopeful - but the proof is in the next race!)
:D
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Re: V solo racing season. Eigth round.

Postby vonsirius » Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:01 am

Last edited by vonsirius on Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:57 pm, edited 5 times in total.
vonsirius
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby vonsirius » Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:04 am

vonsirius
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby clivearmstrong74 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:49 pm

Hallo to All,
the feeling is one of tension and concern, in the CARacing camp. "Sliding back on the score board with every race, is not where we would like to be"...was the official statement from Spinner Wheely. The entire team was given the next week off so everyone can spend quality time with there families and friends. "When you are pushing too hard, it is sometimes better to relase the tension and relax for a short time. Lets get back to basics when we come back." with this Spinner and Wren reserved there seats at the local watering hole...Pit Stop Pub.......

Cheers
Clive
CARacing
clivearmstrong74
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: V solo racing season. Nineth Round

Postby vonsirius » Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:04 am

Last edited by vonsirius on Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
vonsirius
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: V solo racing season. Nineth round.

Postby vonsirius » Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:11 am

vonsirius
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:34 am

BARC Racing Headquarters

BARC Team Manager

"We gained some necessary points and it was enough to keep us in the lead, even though we are now sharing it. This was never going to be easy and I want to encourage the team to stay focused on the next couple of races. We are in a real fight for the championship and do not want to come second again this year. How we finish in the next couple of races will determine if we win or lose the championship. We have fought all year to get us to this point, and it all comes down to beating our opponents in the next 2 races. We have a car that is capable but it is no cake walk. The driver must get the most out of the machine at this point in the season.

Without doubt we will be focused. This is crunch time, and we must get the most out of the car
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby vonsirius » Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:46 pm

Last edited by vonsirius on Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:33 pm, edited 3 times in total.
vonsirius
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: V solo racing season. Tenth round.

Postby vonsirius » Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:50 pm

vonsirius
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:44 am

BARC Racing Headquarters

" The team really needs to double down and go for broke. I was disappointed that we never made it to to the top three in the Trans Am, and I have been looking for the chassis man for some explanation on that. However things are going well in the F1 show, and we are in a real dogfight right to the end with other challengers nipping at our heels. it is not easy running this team. The demands of my time are enormous, and the photo shoots are an annoyance at this time of the year, but the show must go on. The team will take some time to relax. We have been here before, and we can't let out nerves get the better of us. Everyone knows their job and all we have to do is execute. I can't wait for the final race in this season."

BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chappy » Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:22 am

Well it appears that The Tyrell of Chappys team had a much better outing than expected. Going in we knew this would be a tough ,mperhaps the toughest run of the season for us against team Hksk . Harry is at the top of his game and always a threat to be taken seriously. The leader board is very close for positions and unless a sudden secret is discovered , the final round will be a historic finish to,the season.
Everything is out there now , nothing left to find , its all up to the drivers and the equipment holding up. Good luck to all in this impending season ending spectacular event.
Joe Dirt !,
Team Manager
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby CJR » Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:29 pm

CJR RACING has already made the team decision to finish out this season with few changes, while exploring options for next year. Clearly there are some changes needed if CJR RACING is to break into the top levels.
CJR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

PreviousNext

Return to The HRW Proxy Forum!