[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Round 8, Vancouver

Round 8, Vancouver

2017 Trans-Am Series (Retro Racer 44) Proxy Information

Re: Round 8, Vancouver

Postby clivearmstrong74 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:29 pm

Thanx for the update, it sure is good to see those super cars going around the track. That must be one of the most beautiful tracks I have seen, well done!!

Cheers
Clive
CARacing
clivearmstrong74
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Aloha » Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:31 am

Sir Luf,
I agree that is one awesome track. Have you had time to set benchmarks for times by different classes of cars? It will be interesting to see the QT for this group of cars. Sounds as though times were in the high 7 second to mid 8 second range. Would that mean that a Group 5 car would be in the high 5 to low 6 second range? Just curious?!?
Aloha
Dale
Aloha
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby oldslotracer » Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:04 am

Hi Dale
Alwyn (superslab) always gets the lap record on my tracks. His best time on our new track is 6.3something with one of his Group5 cars, but being a smartass, he gets most of his cars into the 6's. We try to ignore him.

In qualifying, my best effort was with radarek's Camaro at 7.275, so I'm sure Alwyn and some others will get some of these cars into the 6's. It will be fun.
oldslotracer

Postby Mitch58 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:22 am

As always Luf loved the video, and thanks for qualifying the cars. That's a lot of cars.
Mitch58
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Cgyracer » Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:46 am

Nice Video and excellent track........with no squeezes and wide lane spacing there is going to be a lot of side by side racing.

Dariusz's rusted out camaro he found out in the pasture is still going strong.

Rob
Cgyracer
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Radarek » Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:17 am

Hi Luf and guys

Thanks for your time and qualifications. Good to see ( for me) my car still going strong. Looking forward to qualify results and race. Robs car is getting faster and faster from race to race so will be good to see some battle there.
I have visited that track couple of weeks ago but just for only 45 minutes. Awesome track with excellent flow and some tricky places which separate boys from men's lol... Thx again Luf

Best wishes to drivers and builders.

Regards
Dariusz aka radarek
Radarek
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Q Times

Postby SuperSlab » Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:31 am

Sorry for being such a slowcoach (don't believe everything Luf writes about me: as we get older all of us are prone to exaggeration... :D ). Be all that as it may and better late than never: here are the Q times that Luf obtained:

Note that I have highlighted the O2 class cars in yellow and Q times are sorted from fastest to slowest. Congrats to Dariusz and Leon for top Q times in the two classes: these two gentlemen are certainly proving themselves to be top contenders in any proxy they enter!

For some perspective on how fast/competitive these times are: Luf has just recently rebuilt the Targa (it is what he is the master at and what all the rest of us enjoy tremendously!) so I do not have much data on lap times. I normally try to record lap times for all my cars but because of the newness of the track I only have lap times for a total of 49 cars. Best lap time (proxy prepared Racer BMW M1 with NSR Ultragrips) is 6.325 seconds, slowest (Cartrix Ferrari 555) 7.746. I unfortunately do not yet have any lap times for any of the O2 class TransAm cars: the only eligible car for which I have a lap time is a stock Scaley Lotus Cortina with trued urethane tyres and some weight: 7.742 seconds.

I consider Dariusz's top Q time of 7.275 to be pretty darn quick, in spite of Luf's protestations that others might possibly be faster. I am really looking forward to running these cars!

Alwyn
SuperSlab
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby SuperSlab » Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:40 am

SuperSlab
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Changing-Gearz » Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:07 pm

Great video - thanks for taking the time to splice that together!

Congrats to everyone on the Qualy - Looking forward to another round of Trans-am!
Changing-Gearz
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Brumos RSR » Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:46 pm

Looks like plenty of races within the race. Thanks for the qualifying and I look forward to the results. Good luck to all the builders.
Brumos RSR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby glasshorsevh » Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:11 pm

Well ok! Poor Alice in that front-motored contraption we saddled her with, jumped almost 20 places! The team manager is beside himself, but I suspect he had little to do with it... Can't wait to see what happens in the actual race at this beautiful beautiful track!

Val
glasshorsevh
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby yebo » Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:42 pm

Thanks guys for a great video and qualifying,going to be another great racingood luck to everyone :banana-dance:
yebo

Postby dreinecke » Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:23 pm

Luf - what a great video. The newest version of the track is fantastic! Can't wait for the race!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby Austin » Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:59 pm

That was sweet, thanks for the video. :text-thankyouyellow:
Austin
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chappy » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:26 am

Well done to all so far. Its quote interesting to see the movement in the cars during qually and what will come in racing.
Track is looking good Luf
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

PreviousNext

Return to 2017 Trans-Am Series (Retro Racer 44) Proxy