[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - An old Audi favorite of mine - UPDATE!

An old Audi favorite of mine - UPDATE!

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

An old Audi favorite of mine - UPDATE!

Postby Quickcars » Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:32 pm

I've wanted to get my hands on one of these for almost 10 years! From time to time I would see one for sale on ebay but the price would always go far north of what I wanted to pay. Well finally last week I found one for sale with a very low starting price. I made my usual modest initial bid fully expecting to be outbid but low and behold, I won!!!

Now the version I won was a new "Yacco" liveried car. I thought livery was frankly ugly and the use of stickers certainly didn't help. I had some Racer decals left over from a project a figured I'd put them to use on this car as the first step in my rebuild. They didn't quite match up as the decals where meant for a Porsche. However, the car does look better to my eyes and another set of decals has been ordered to help fill in the gaps.

I plan on giving the Audi a fresh set of racer wheels, a new driver figure and motor transplant. I will post pictures of the final version...

wish me luck!

QC
Last edited by Quickcars on Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Quickcars
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: An old Audi favorite of mine

Postby Brumos RSR » Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:52 pm

That's a cool Audi......can't wait to see the finished product.
Brumos RSR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TuscoTodd » Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:05 am

Cool relivery!
Looking forward to the future updates!
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby Drewbert34 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:55 am

I want one!

I loved watching the Audi team totally obliterate IMSA when those cars debuted.
Drewbert34
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Quickcars » Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:41 am

Quickcars
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:26 am

I like Audis........!

That's a very nice looking livery there.

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Wobble » Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:50 am

Nice ... a big improvement. I have one that's stripped down waiting for its time to come on the workbench again. The chassis has a sidewinder set up glued into it.
Wobble
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Quickcars » Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:30 pm

Quickcars
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Wobble » Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:02 pm

Wobble
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: An old Audi favorite of mine - UPDATE!

Postby Quickcars » Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:37 pm

Car now has Racer wheels and I updated the driver with a Cartrix unit from the parts bin. I also added a slot.it axle/gear to the front of the drive to cure a bit of bounce...
Quickcars
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: An old Audi favorite of mine - UPDATE!

Postby JT Previa » Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:56 pm

Looks great. Would love to race those with other IMSA cars of the ERA!

JT
JT Previa
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale