[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Watkins Glen in Wood Update - Pedestrian Bridge for TrakMate

Watkins Glen in Wood Update - Pedestrian Bridge for TrakMate

Got Wood?
Your ROUTED TRACK Home!
Share Your Designs, Building Techniques & Finished Layouts!

Re: Watkins Glen in Wood

Postby chappyman66 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:01 pm

I am watching with interest. Love The Glen, and I always like watching scale models of real tracks being built.
Great job so far. Don't be afraid of mistakes, bondo fixes anything. ;)
chappyman66
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby 73emgee » Fri Dec 30, 2016 5:12 pm

73emgee
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby McLiams » Fri Dec 30, 2016 7:21 pm

McLiams
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chappyman66 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:56 pm

Yup, what Dave said.
I do my routing outside, so I prefer bondo for the speed of rework. However Durhams is absolutely rock hard when dried and I have repaired router wobbles with both materials.

Most tracks have some things like that but they disappear when the surface track is painted and finished.
chappyman66
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Giddyup » Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:02 am

Any progress to show?
Giddyup
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby 73emgee » Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:25 am

I found a problem in my Excel worksheet used to calculate the scaled down turn radius from the original track survey. Had to recut some of the MDF and then Summer projects and life got in the way of track progress. I'm finally ready to start routing the lanes after re-locating some of the racing lines this week. Will be posting some new pictures soon.
73emgee
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby bobbyraz49 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:42 pm

This is a GREAT post to follow. Thanks !
bobbyraz49
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby 73emgee » Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:44 pm

73emgee
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Aloha » Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:22 am

73emgee
Could you please share a picture of how you did the joints from underneath
Thank you
Aloha
Dale
Aloha
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby 73emgee » Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:14 am

73emgee
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Z-carfan » Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:29 am

That jig is an excellent idea, good stuff!!
Z-carfan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:23 pm

Really nice work. I love the detail on the table.

Mine? I figure I'll be tearing it up in a few years again when I move, so I'm not quite so slick ;)

Can't wait to see this thing running!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby 73emgee » Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:58 am

Thanks David, been following your track builds for a while, they are a great resource for a first time builder like myself. Hope to experiment with your track painting method once I get all the lanes routed and braid gains completed. Having a realistic looking track surface is important to me. Really like the look achieved on the tracks built by SlotMods, any idea of the methods they use to paint their tracks?
73emgee
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby GPCruisr » Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:16 am

Wow. This looks like it is going to be a great track. You've done a great job in showing the 'how-to' of a track build. I especially like the photos of the joints and the template jig you are using for the figuring where to drill the holes for the bolts. I'd like to build a track someday and your examples will come in handy. Thanks for sharing.
GPCruisr
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby 73emgee » Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:33 pm

73emgee
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

PreviousNext

Return to The Lumber Yard