[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Kleskun Hills

Kleskun Hills

SHOW YOUR SLOT CAR TRACK!
Photos and Descriptions of YOUR Home Layout

Kleskun Hills

Postby BARC 1 » Mon Aug 08, 2016 10:52 pm

BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Kleskun Hills

Postby TuscoTodd » Tue Aug 09, 2016 5:32 am

Looking forward to seeing the Pan-America cars hosted there as that is looking great!!! :)
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby BARC 1 » Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:03 am

This track is not scheduled to host a Panamerica event. Maybe next year. It was used to shakedown the cars I did prepare though

Cheers
Dan
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby vonsirius » Fri Aug 12, 2016 11:04 pm

Nice track!!! :text-bravo:
vonsirius
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:15 pm

Well the Kleskun Hills layout made the move from the basement crawlspace into a finished room. The move went well and because i was able to salvage all of it I have decided to keep it as is. The layout and room size compliment one another. This track is a Hybrid Carrera digital/Analog with D132 track and Carrera go track with borders. It allows the racing of the vintage 132 cars along with my 143 scale stuff. I even run my old 124 scale cox cars on the inside lane. It is a real versatile track and presents a lot of different slot car activities in a fairly small footprint of 12' X 4'. As I am not bored with it and and am having countless hours of fun, I am going to enjoy the old layout in the new surroundings.

Electronics are all Carrera and other then the pit lane change the electronics have been bullet proof. Each lane has a dedicated Carrera chip so I am able to use all the fine tuning of the digital system on the analog side of things, giving me adjustable brakes and voltage adjustment for each lane. Viasue timing hardware with Race Coordinator is used for analog running, and I also use the Yingling software for digital race control.

BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Dodgefarmer » Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:47 pm

Looks real good in there Dan. Nice to be able to walk around it.

Randy
Dodgefarmer
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby vonsirius » Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:10 pm

Love it! :music-rockout:
vonsirius
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:39 pm

Thanks. It should allow me to take some decent video. Room has some natural light, and being able to walk around it should open up some camera angles. I am going to host another 143 proxy in October, so I hope I can get some decent video action, and put together a highlight reel.
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby ourwayband » Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:30 am

Great looking track!!!!

Rusty
ourwayband
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby lotuscortina » Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:07 pm

Very nice.
Nige.
lotuscortina

Postby BARC 1 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:48 am

A little update on the electronics.

It has been awhile that I have been using a digital chip to supply power to each lane. So far I have had zero issues, and feel this is a great way to go for analog control on typical home layouts. It gives you all the great features. Adjustable voltage supply to each lane, adjustable brakes and if you want you can even have the fuel features used.

I have run the Avant orange cans on this track set up with no issues of any kind. It is also very easy to take the controller electronics and mount them in a Parma handle if you want a low cost trigger type controller.

So after over a years worth of use I am still very happy with it and the Carrera chips have been rock solid with the systems overload protection kicking in and saving components if there has ever been a shorting issue on the rails.
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to Reader's Roads