Thanks photobucket...and bye

1/43rd Scale Slot Car Forum

Re: Thanks photobucket...and bye

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:37 am

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby walker » Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:50 am

Fortunately - or was it providence ? - I had copied all my pictures back to my computer a few months ago already and deleted my account.
Now I am using a really reliable and ad - free though not so big host called ABLOAD.
They rely on small donations, but it isn´t compulsory.

I had been satisfied with PB for many years, but since they have been using ad´s they got slower and slower and more and more unreliable.
So I did not shed a tear over them.

Roland
walker
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Cgyracer » Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:16 am

What's really interesting is my photobucket images I posted yesterday and earlier this week on the forum I can't even see the expanded images on the Photobucket website any longer. The thumbnail of the image is there but when I click on the picture to expand the same photobucket warning image is displayed instead of my image. The same image we see on the forum.

I better try out postimage.org and see how it goes.

Rob
Cgyracer
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Cgyracer » Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:19 am

Does Flickr work well as an image host provider?
Cgyracer
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby mattb » Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:45 am

I opened an account on postimage last nite and loaded 30-40 pix to an album. It loaded quick and with no issues, seems easy to provide a link or to download them if needed. I saw no type of home page where you could search the site, no anything except my page with the one album on it. I don't need extras, but it seems pretty bare bones. How does it support itself? Will they take advertising or be fee based as time goes on??
mattb
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Cgyracer » Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:13 pm

I did the same thing and uploaded onto Postimage, I had to find the images on my hard drive since all the latest images I posted appear to be gone on photobucket. Images I posted 2 months ago are blocked to yet some newer images I posted three weeks ago are still fine. What a gong show...hope postimage does not do this eventually. I'd even be willing to pay Photo bucket $75 a year like I do my antivirus software or our Clubs website through Wordpress.

Rob
Cgyracer
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby RichD » Sat Jul 01, 2017 7:59 am

It would not be a bad idea to create a new folder on your hard drive and put copies of pictures that you have on photohosting sites in that. If a site folds up or you just get sick of it and want to switch your pictures to a new site that will be much easier to do.
I have been using Flickr for some time and it works very well with one hitch. If you want to grab a link you end up with a lot of extra characters that need to be removed or people will be able to see your e-mail address. Here is how I use Flickr: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzLR42 ... sp=sharing
RichD
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby VTECFOUR » Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:29 pm

Let's see how this postimage pic tests out at 800 x 600.

Looks fine to me.

Dan
VTECFOUR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Previous

Return to HRW 1/43rd Scale