[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Kurtamysh Kurgan road course at Flemington Speedway

Kurtamysh Kurgan road course at Flemington Speedway

SHOW YOUR SLOT CAR TRACK!
Photos and Descriptions of YOUR Home Layout

Kurtamysh Kurgan road course at Flemington Speedway

Postby seal666 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 5:59 pm

Put some photos up on Google Plus under my name Bob Erkman as photobucket drove us nuts.
The track is small, 38 foot lap length, scaley sport. It measures roughly 11 x 9 and is 3 feet deep(all the space I've got). The table is built out of metal studs topped with 1/4 inch plywood. Got my drivers stations done before my hand surgery. They consist of a car cup holder (as seen on tv) that didn't work so well in my car. Picked up a second one at Christmas Tree Shop on the cheap. Radio Shack 3.5mm jack and dpdt reversing switch complete the package. Will work on scenery after surgeries are done (agent orange issues) and I get use of left hand back.

Track may be small, but it's a blast to drive. My old (sliding magnet) Carrera sports cars are a joy to slide around, as are my scaley legends. Saving my pennies for Cartrix cars in the future.
seal666

Re: Kurtamysh Kurgan road course at Flemington Speedway

Postby slothead » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:06 am

Bob - I couldn't find your track photos online, but because you mentioned Flemington Speedway you got my attention and I'm going to encourage you to have some replica type cars on your track. I attended both asphalt and dirt races at Flemington Fair Speedway, it was oddly shaped compared to most ovals, but offered a good show with top drivers from the mid-Atlantic region.

This is the type of car I remember watching race there.

No one makes ready to run cars like this in 1/32 scale, but cars from the 80's & 90's (above) that had sheet metal bodies can easily be created from styrene plastic or even stiff glossy paper. Some guys here at HRW offer resin car bodies from the 30's and 40's if you want to honor that old school vibe.

Slothead
slothead
The Doctor is IN!

Postby Wolseley Hornet » Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:21 am

Wolseley Hornet
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby indybob009 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:42 am

Nice track. Like the controller and beer holder' good idea. I understand the photobucket issue' it has become a joke' their are so many popups and crap that one cant even use it anymore. I assume their doing this on purpose to get one to pay them. I refuse to do that, Anyone know of a better place to load pic's.
indybob009

Postby Cobra » Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:05 am

Imgur, it is fast and there are no ads.

Photobucket sucks and I read it is easy to get a computer virus from there.
Cobra

Postby seal666 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:00 pm

David, thanks for posting my photos. Cobra hit the nail on the head, got a virus on photobucket which took out my tablet. Slothead, I ,moved to Flemington as the track was in its death throws. Townhouse sprawl caused noise complaints. The track back stretch is now a Lowes. I grew up seeing stock cars at Weisglass Stadium on Staten Island, think it was an 1/8 mile circle and my mom's cousin managed Old Bridge speedway in NJ.

Appreciate your kind comments, while I'm currently hooked on vintage f1, the work of Harry, Bob Taylor and others have me looking at midgets and stocks. AlI need is the talent. I'm also thinking about either routing my track or maybe a small oval for smoother operation. That will happen after I get thru some medical issues and get my left hand back to working order.

Kurtamysh, Kurgan is the name of the village my daughter is from.

Thanks to all for this great site.
Bob e
seal666

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:44 pm

Kurgan Oblast is in Russia. Is that where she came from? Anthrolopogists studied the culture there because its so different from the rest of Russia, and the older buildings are unique in the whole world. I just found a beauty just now when I looked it up to make sure I was remembering the right place.

I can't remember what I made for dinner last night, but I remember stuff like that all the time. Love that little girl, and get her a controller!
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby seal666 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:44 pm

That's the place. Beautiful country. My daughter routinely beats me. The big caviat is that she doesn't drive the car (just got her learners permit) like she races. She is planning on doing scenery with me in the fall. Her friends enjoy slots more than the air hockey table that takes up most of what was my man cave.
seal666

Postby chappyman66 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:03 pm

Nice track indeed. There is much that can be done in a small space; 38 ft is enough to have good races for sure.
And if your daughter's friends like slots, so much the better! The more time they spend there, the less you have to worry about other places and activities. Get rid of air hockey and expand the track!
chappyman66
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:50 pm

I love air hockey, but chappy is right. There are two directions you can expand if you want to.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby dreinecke » Mon May 01, 2017 8:18 am

Nice looking track!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Return to Reader's Roads