Question

HO Scale Slot Car Forum
From T-Jets to Magnet Missles!

Question

Postby Grumpy83 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:00 pm

Hello everyone,
I have a few questions. I just got a life like track set for $20. It seems to be the full track with 4 nascar style cars. But I was wondering if the track is a decent company and are they still in business. I'm just looking for all the information that I can get.

Thank you for your time
Grumpy83

Re: Question

Postby bigman » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:35 pm

Yes there still hard at it, :o I've seen there stuff at Wally world and most Hobby shop carry there stuff too. :banana-dance:
If it was me I'd go with AFX Tomy HO Race set, :D they are better cars and track, more curves to chose from :bow-blue:
Doesn't cost to much for a starter set and you can find used like new track on evil bay :auto-checkeredflag: for a good price. :text-bravo:
Just saying. :angry-tappingfoot:

bigman :flags-waveusa:
bigman
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Question

Postby RichD » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:21 am

Actually the Lifelike HO stuff is in limbo. Terry Flynn of Harden Creek bought the slot part of the business from Walthers in 2015 and I presume that he has not yet decided what he wants to do with it. The newer "T" chassis cars were not popular with a lot of people, possibly because there is not much that you can do to soup them up. The older "M" chassis cars were more popular I believe. Many people are hoping that Terry will resume production of the "M" chassis cars, it was my impression that he is also considering coming out with a new chassis. You don't have to worry about the set that you bought, the cars should run OK and NOS cars are easy enough to find at places like Lucky Bob's and JAG Hobbies. Harden Creek has parts and track sections. All makes of HO tracks and cars work with each other, so you can run other makes of cars on your track. Different makes of track share the same dimensions, but the actual connections are different, if you want to expand your track using another make you would have to buy adapters.
I am working on a history of the Lifelike HO cars, drop me a PM with your e-mail address if you would like to see what I have so far.
RichD
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to HRW HO Scale