[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Slot car shops New York, Boston, DC

Slot car shops New York, Boston, DC

Friendly, Off Topic Chatter

Slot car shops New York, Boston, DC

Postby Dangermouse » Sun Apr 02, 2017 5:49 am

Hello

Have a friend travelling to New York (city), Boston and Washington DC in June.

Would appreciate any suggestions for slot car shops - or tracks to visit.

thanks
David
Dangermouse
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Slot car shops New York, Boston, DC

Postby frank9129 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 12:15 pm

There are no hobby shops in DC, Laurel is the closest, Next closest is Annapolis. The shop in Annapolis has a limited supply of Carrera cars and very few Monograms.
frank9129
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Billy boy » Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:05 pm

Modelville hobby,Ashland mass, in back of lentros. Big time 1/24 tracks,some tracks with magna braid type braid,1/32 cars,1/24 cars. Look them up. Get in touch with me. I also own a four lane mdf track with lots of cars and controllers. Ridgeline raceway,Framingham, ma.
Billy boy
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Billy boy » Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:07 pm

Also lenjet for 1/64 ho fans.same building.
Billy boy
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Vintage 1/24 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:44 pm

THE last slot car track in NYC!

Buzz A Rama

http://www.ny1.com/nyc/all-boroughs/new ... track.html

A couple are out in the suburbs, but the high costs have left New York City itself with only one last holdout.
Vintage 1/24
Mr. NY Modified

Postby bigman » Sun Apr 02, 2017 3:04 pm

:text-goodpost: vintage 1/24 :text-bravo:
I've seen that Video before, It's a keeper for sure. :auto-checkeredflag:
When I started reading this thread, I was wondering if this shop was still open :idea:
This would be my first store I'd get to, this family has done a great service for the Hobby :music-rockout:
and all the Kids and Dads in this area, IT HARD now days to find a full service Hobby Shop out there but the prices they have to charge is just sometimes crazy, :angry-tappingfoot:
They have to fight the internet super stores were there's less overhead there fighting a losing battle
and that's a sad day for everyone wanting to put your hands on a car or parts before you hand them your hard earned cash, you guys with good hobby store you can drive to are pretty luck, please take care of the shops that supports You, Long live the great Hobby Stores. :text-bravo: :text-bravo:
:clap: Thanks again for the video, vintage 1/24. :text-bravo:

bigman :flags-waveusa: BIG Fan :auto-checkeredflag:
bigman
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby RichD » Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:54 am

I was going to suggest Elmsford Raceway for the NYC area, unfortunately that closed late last year. There is no club racing in the NYC area that I am aware of. For HO fans in Boston there is a club track, Catfish Raceway.
RichD
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BIG E » Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:00 pm

There are two commercial tracks on Long Island.

Slots-A-Lot Raceway in Franklin Square (Nassau County), about 45 minutes from Manhattan.
8 lane Hi Speed King track, Kingleman, and "Hillclimb" (bigger than the old American Raceways 135 ft. design).
I used to run their 1/24 hard body program for them.
They also have a fully functional, computerized, super smooth quarter mile and FAST 1/24 drag strip.
Telephone 516-616-7075 Amanda or Wayne

PJ Raceway in Farmingville (Suffolk County) is the new location of the world famous Port Jeff Raceway.
It's a little over on hour's ride on the LIE RT495, and very easy to locate - well worth the trip.
They have a world class King track, a "Cobra Climb", and a very cool Quad Oval (think Charlotte Motor Speedway).
All 8 laners, of course, and the staff there knows a thing or two about world championship wing car racing.
Telephone 631-696-7721 Doug, Joe, or Mike

Tell either raceway I sent you there, they'll know who. Enjoy!! -- Ernie :>)
BIG E
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby 4380r » Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:40 am

4380r
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby gascarnut » Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:04 am

While in NYC, a visit to Power Hobby in NJ might be something to do as well. I've not been there, but it is apparently quite something, and they have loads of 1/32 slot cars.
gascarnut
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby slothead » Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:28 pm

Another vote for Modelville Hobby in Mass. I stop there every chance I get when in the Boston area. A little hard to find, but worth it. If your friend has a navigation system it'll be easy.

They are open evening during the week - check their site for hours.

Modelville Hobby
http://www.modelvillehobby.com
280 Eliot St, Ashland, MA 01721
(508) 881-7616

Slothead
slothead
The Doctor is IN!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:50 pm

David, you had me all excited! I read your title and was already planning a trip to NYC or Boston to meet you! Now I've read your post, my wife is relieved I'm not making the trip. Of course, if I ever get to Australia I have promised to get my wife to her friend in Melbourne, which is close to Lynn and her hubby, and then there's Phil Wicks far away from there, and over in New Zealand I have a few friends... Gee, if I just had a year to do this, and all the money in the world... Oh well.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Return to Bench Racer's Lounge