[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Ford-Porsche Wars 2017 - The Builds

Ford-Porsche Wars 2017 - The Builds

Here we go! Round #2 in what started last year as a proxy duel between both builders and marques.

Ford-Porsche Wars 2017 - The Builds

Postby Audi1 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:34 am

Here's a thread for posting the progress on your builds for the Ford-Porsche Wars proxy.

I know that Dan (BARC-1) has already gotten a start on at least one of his entries, so it's time to see what's brewin' behind the scenes in the garages for this proxy.............

It's always fun to see the build-out of the car that you'll be racing against, so post away! :auto-layrubber:

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Ford-Porsche Wars 2017 - The Builds

Postby Audi1 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:24 am

Currently under consideration; the 1972 Le Mans Wicky Porsche 907k :

Hard to decide on a favorite Porsche..................

Reserving #24 & #60 on a 30 day basis.

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:55 pm

Here's the Ford GT-40 MkIV that I'm building out. The car that was built to do just one thing in 1967; beat the Ferrari 330/P4. It lost big time at Daytona with a Ferrari sweep, but it came back and redeemed itself at the big race later that year. I'm building the Andretti car. I know how it started out..........and I know how it finished up. The choice is - which of the two to build...........? :lol:

Pre-race:

During the race:

Andretti walked away from the crash at Maison Blanche; lucky guy! He also took out a GT-40 MkII in the process.......

And here's the NSR model:

Post the Michigan 24 hour Enduro, this one goes on the bench.

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby bigman » Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:17 pm

Oop's
He was one luck guy to walk away from that bad crash. :o
I cant believe he didn't brake a leg or ankle in that crash. :doh: :o

:text-bravo: Very nice looking cars you have, the NSR cars are truly Cool. :auto-checkeredflag:
:text-thankyouyellow:
bigman :flags-waveusa:
bigman
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Brumos RSR » Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:08 pm

My 917 #33 is ready to go. Still building and and deciding if the 907 or 908 will be racing. Leaning towards the 907K just need to finish it off in Silver and then complete testing.
Brumos RSR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:26 pm

Looks good! Have I seen that #33 silver car before.................? :lol:

Looking forward to your decision on the #111 car.

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Brumos RSR » Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:22 pm

Brumos RSR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby WB2 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:38 pm

WB2
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:09 pm

Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:21 pm

I had already posted this, but I will include it here as well.

This is a chassis I built using Lego technics. I parted out one of the Avant chassis I recently required and installed the Avant orange long can. CB rims, with Paul Gage tires, and some custom resin inserts I did.

Orange can is supposed to be 22 K @ 12 volts, but I haven't checked it yet. I will get out my scope sometime this week and check these orange cans out. Lots of torque, but on my home track , my twin can chassis will post better lap times then this chassis can produce

I am guessing though on the bigger layouts that RPM and torque will make a significant difference. At least I am hoping.

Did up the old Strombecker early GT 40 Prototpe in BARC livery. I also cut out and added in headlights, as well as some more detail on the rear.

I am laying up a Twin can chassis for the Porsche RS61, details on that will follow. The 917 with the Avant chassis is going to stay in the barn for this one.
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:35 pm

Looks good; nice details on the GT-40. Very creative and interesting looking chassis!

We're all waiting to see what the RS-60/61 looks like; that will be a fun car to see built-out.

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby studioRS » Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:39 am

My über rare Porsche 908/3 Lufthansa-Joest Racing is going to get a Fly classic chassis makeover.

- Slot.it Starter Kit 02 (SIKK02) rear axle kit (19mm 36T spur, bronze bushings, hardened axle)
- Slot.it Pinion 6.5mm, 11T (SIPS11)
- Slot.it guide and braids, not sure which ones (CH66) ? or will stock Fly braids and pickup work if shimmed?
- Slot.it Orange FC130 21,500k rpm (MX06) motor ;)
- Slot.it solid front axle conversion (PA01-51), 3/32 x 51mm

Thinking of gluing the rear pod down, make the body float. Don't want to get a 3D chassis and or Slot.it pod insert, I'll make this classic work.

Scale tires...
What tires will work for the front stock rims and rear Slot.it ones on the starter kit 02 "small hubs" rims ?
- Use stock OE Fly front tires?
- Rear?

Porsche 908/3 rim inserts
Anyone have these and or spare set of old Fly Porsche 917, 908, 907 front, rear rims?

Cheers, Thompson

studioRS
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby studioRS » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:12 am

Dan, such cool chassis design using the technik lego! Finished GT-40 looks super :D Porsche 718 RSK, RS-60 is making its way to SoCal tomorrow for sibling creation. Dual cans? wow.

Cheers, Thompson
studioRS
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby studioRS » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:22 am

Allan, So glad you are deciding on racing an early Porsche 907, love it! Yes, go with this livery.

I also have the SRC Porsche 908 LH, and was really thinking of entering this but, thought my Fly short tail 908/3 needed to battle with the NSR 917s and GT40s! Also, my SRC 908 LH is such a nice scale model, forget about racing it... shelf queen.

Cheers, Thompson

studioRS
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:50 am

Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Next

Return to Ford-Porsche Wars Proxy 2017