[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Southeastern Tourenwagen Masters

Southeastern Tourenwagen Masters

Post Your Club/Home Info Here
Link Up With Others In Your Area

Southeastern Tourenwagen Masters

Postby buspor63 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:46 pm

My club, Foothills Scale Slotcars, are hosting the Southeastern Tourenwagen Masters race at my track, Thunder Road, on April 9th in Knoxville, TN. Thunder Road is a routed track using Carrera digital components.

As the name suggest, it's a race for the latest generation Carrera DTM cars in stock form, with only tire swaps and wheel truing allowed. I'm following the rules used in the World Wide Digital Proxy.

I'm really excited about this event as a group from Asheville, NC and a group from Greenville, SC have shown interest in attending. It is open to anyone that wants to attend, just bring a digital DTM and a desire to have a good time racing. If this goes well, it could be the first of a series. A race in Asheville, then a race in Greenville over a period of time.
buspor63
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Southeastern Tourenwagen Masters

Postby buspor63 » Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:14 pm

What a day of racing! For the first event, I think it went well. We had six racers, I had hoped more locals could make it, but I'm pleased still. Additionally, fewer entries mean't fewer heats so it was easier. We decided we would run six 50 lap heats, scoring was by Bruce Yingling's software. Josh S came up from Greenville S.C. and Burrell and James came from Asheville N.C., the field was rounded out by a local , Steve, my brother and myself.

The cars were all Carrera DTM's with PG tires and light tuning. For our benefit, Josh gave himself a handicap and didn't have his speed set to max, the additional downside to that is the system "burns" more fuel and you have to pit more frequently.

The locals used the home track advantage to take the top three positions, Gary placing first and taking home the Carrera tote bag, myself second and Steve third. Josh snagged the fastest lap which gave hime the Carrera cap. Thanks to Dave Kennedy and Carrera USA for donating some prizes.

We're already talking about when and where the next race will be.

Hot laps.

The podium, left to right. 1: Gary, black BMW- 2: Eric, blue MBZ- 3: Steve, grey BMW

Last edited by buspor63 on Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
buspor63
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Drewbert34 » Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:52 pm

S Power!
Drewbert34
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Burrell » Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:29 pm

Just got home a little while ago. It was a fun day of racing and having a good time with friends new and old. I kept firm grip of last place all day long, selfishly preventing anyone from taking the spot. Thanks to buspor, Gary, Steve, and Josh for showing James and I such a good time. Can't wait until the next race!
Burrell
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Josh S » Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:55 am

This event was awesome. I believe everyone had a lot of fun, and there was some great racing. For those of you reading, handicaping myself wasn't intentional. I didn't realize Eric had a spare CU that everyone was programming the speed and brakes of the cars on before we started racing. My car felt slow from the beginning. Unfortunately, it wasn't until after the third heat that I realized my car was still set on speed 6/10, which is what it was set on last at my track. :lol: I then set it to thw correct speed. Needless to say, my car ran much faster and the results were much better the next three races. I hope to not make the same mistake again in the future. :dance:

A big thanks to Eric for hosting this event and to Dave Kennedy for sending some Carrera swag for the event. I can't wait to do this again!

Also, I will be posting videos of each of the races later this week!
Josh S
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby buspor63 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:22 pm

buspor63
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby buspor63 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:48 pm

buspor63
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Czar » Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:09 am

Really nice video, Buspor. I wish I could have been there to race with you guys. Instead, I'm stuck on a beach in Florida while you guys have all the fun.
Czar
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Josh S » Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:07 pm

Really nice video!

The 7 hour round trip was certainly worth it. I hope to have the opportunity to race on your track again soon. It is a work of art.
Josh S
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Josh S » Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:43 pm

I forgot to add a couple things to my posts in this thread. First off, congrats to Gary on the win! :auto-checkeredflag:

Also, I want to say a big thank you to Andrew 'Drewbert34' for helping me prepare my car. He is the one that trued the tires and wheels for me. He did an outstanding job, and there is no way the car would have ran as well as it did if it hadn't been for his hard work. :text-thankyouyellow:
Josh S
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Josh S » Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:56 am

Josh S
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Drewbert34 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:59 pm

Drewbert34
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby buspor63 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:09 pm

Awesome videos Josh, thanks for editing, uploading and sharing them. Watching them gives a unique perspective of the track and how digital racing works, especially in a pack.
buspor63
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Josh S » Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:45 pm

Josh S
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby padirtfan » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:51 am

That's very cool. Looks like a great time.
padirtfan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Next

Return to Club/Home Connection