[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Avant chassis arrived

Avant chassis arrived

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

Re: Avant chassis arrived

Postby Reegs » Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:43 pm

Another annoying question, then. What's the wheelbase?
According to a review a few years back, the Mirage has an 81mm wb.
Yes, I ordered one of the chassis and now I'm trying to figure out which body to search for. :text-thankyouyellow:
Reegs

Postby lancelotalove » Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:59 pm

I ordered 2 this morning. will report wheelbase after i get it to see if they are same wheelbase as reported in earlier post. I did not see any details to which Avant body they fit.
lance
lancelotalove
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:09 pm

I got the calipers out. CL to CL of the axles is 84.3mm on the ones I received.
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Racie35 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:06 pm

I wonder why two different lengths? Aren't they mirage chassis' ?
Racie35
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:19 pm

Maybe that is why there is a warehouse full of them. Perhaps they were rejected from Avant for being out of spec. Or maybe just a different chasssis then the Mirage.
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Avant chassis arrived

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:30 pm

The chassis for the Mirage is slightly shorter than the one for the Kremer Porsche. Looks like the chassis is the match for the Porsche.

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Racie35 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:05 pm

You better send me that body Harry...just to make sure.
Racie35
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Modlerbob » Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:09 pm

It is for the Kremer Porsche. I also discovered that the stub axles for making independent front wheels are too short to use on the MrSlotCar McLaren F1GTR, just in case anyone else had that bright idea.
Modlerbob
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby oz10k » Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:30 pm

I just received 4. Unfortunately 3 had rusty axles. Other than that they are OK.

oz10k

Postby CrockettNZ » Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:56 pm

I had 3 arrive today
and the axles have a bit of rust as well
but it did say that in the auction so I knew they did
but the parts you get for the price is pretty damn good in my book
CrockettNZ
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Racie35 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:05 pm

I ordered around the 16th...I think about when you guys did so I'm expecting mine soon too....I ordered some motors too though...not sure that'll slow things.
Racie35
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:18 am

BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Racie35 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:00 pm

This thing hauls the mail,despite plastic bushings....dang it's a good deal!
Racie35
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Nor Cal Mike » Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:40 pm

Ya I got four of them packed like sardines in an itty bitty box today I found lots of bodies around here that will fit them. Pony cars both classic or modern, Nascars, Late C5,6 or7 vettes, Fly DPs. Not sure where I'll use them yet.
Nor Cal Mike
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Racie35 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:37 pm

It's hard to control with my Parma controller...it's too punchy ,but man is it fast. Tomorrow I'm getting a lexan body of some sort for it and add a lil weight and set it up closer. I think it would be more drivable with the scale auto motors I got with them...maybe I'll set one up with that too for testing.
Racie35
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

PreviousNext

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale