[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - If Pioneer releases a Javelin which motor configuration?

If Pioneer releases a Javelin which motor configuration?

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

Re: If Pioneer releases a Javelin which motor configuration?

Postby arroldn » Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:21 am

Cobra,
I am aware the top picture is a '71. I was using it to contrast the difference in the 2 cars. My brother had a '71 AMX and his wife had a Javelin. Maybe that is why I like that year better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now back to you regular program. :D

Arrold
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby slothead » Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:51 am

Cobralvr - your comments highlight the reason it wouldn't make sense to me for Pioneer to devote time and money to developing a pre-1971 Javelin given the work already put into the '71 version shown in Jules' image. As he noted, we (HRW folks and the like) are a special, but small, slice of the overall market. Yes, we want what we want but unless market feedback suggested Scalextrix's Javelins (current and planned versions) quenched demand for this model, if we ever see a Pioneer Javelin it's likely to be what's already been in development. And, while Scalextric and Pioneer have released the same versions of the Sunoco Camero's also driven by Michael Donohue (Penske cars) I'm curious if there's enough demand for the Penske-Donohue Javelin for the same thing to happen.

When I think back to buying a muscle car ('69 Cougar) I also have to realize that was nearly 50 years ago. I'm delighted cars from that era are still so popular and available as new releases. That's amazing since the 'golden era' of Trans Am predated disco by about a decade and I haven't seen any light blue suede leisure suits in stores recently.

Slothead
slothead
The Doctor is IN!

Postby BRS Hobbies » Sun Mar 12, 2017 2:40 pm

I kind of agree that it makes sense if Pioneer did the 1970 AMC Javelin. The 1970 version looks more like a muscle car with the shorter wheelbase. Pioneer could release both race car and street car versions like they have with other Pioneer slot cars in the past which I think the 70 street version may be really popular compared to the 71 version and match the performance of the Camaro and Mustang.

Best regards,
Brian
BRS Hobbies
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Racie35 » Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:24 pm

Whatever they do...they're late to the party at this point. Lots of those scalextric 71's are being sold .
Racie35
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby slothead » Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:26 am

The #6 Donohue-Penske '71 Javelin is the iconic version of that model. The Roy Woods Racing Javelins (#1 - Follmer, #2 - Woods, and the # 63 - Collins) are the next best representatives.

With regards to earlier versions of the Javelin, the #3 - Revson, #4 - Follmer are the top performers by far, though the best finishes were six 2nd places and two 3rd places in 1968. When those drivers switched to Ford Mustangs in 1969 Javelins had no top 3 finishes.

If Pioneer makes a sidewinder Javelin with any of these liveries it would make for good comparisons with the Scalextric releases. And if sidewinders turned out to better fits with their peers Pioneer could do just fine despite getting to the party a bit late.

PS: Although I love the 'Pony Wars' side of this Trans Am era as much as anyone, when you break it down the results actually depended on two simple things - 1) which manufacturer had Penske building their cars, and 2) which manufacturer hired the top drivers (Donohue, Follmer, Revson, Gurney, etc.).

Slothead
slothead
The Doctor is IN!

Postby BRS Hobbies » Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:31 am

Scalextric must have made a lot of the Javelin. I noticed an eBay dealer has sold 110 of them and that number is going up everyday.

Best regards,
Brian
BRS Hobbies
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:47 am

It's a big deal for many of us. The Mad Max wasn't for me. Just about every single race club I follow has people talking about this car, some good, some not. The Trans-Am series is a very popular one to say the least.

It's all a moot point if the CAD drawings and comments Jules shared indicates anything. It means that is the one he will do.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby midagekid1 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:40 pm

Just as a note, the 2nd and 3rd place finishers in the 2017 Trans Am Proxy were using a Scaley factory chassis and with sidewinder configuration and a Pioneer Typhoon motor. Jules just need to keep the same configuration he has been utilizing so that all the new TA cars will be compatible with his current and past models.
midagekid1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby JULES » Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:20 pm

JULES
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby slothead » Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:28 pm

Darn you Jules. I already have around 50 Trans Am cars from this era and most of the best runners are Pioneer cars. I have 4 Scalextric Javelins in my premier class along with 6 Mustangs, 6 Camaros, and 4 Cougars. There's no reason why I need more cars or Javelins - but if you produce them I'll be putting my $ on the counter at a hobby shop for any that are replica liveries.

Slothead
slothead
The Doctor is IN!

Postby Dundee Denny » Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:43 pm

Hey Jules!

Always have "no issues" with your product and ready to run!!

So your Javelins will we welcome in whatever format and years.

My interest is peaked by the Cuda too!!!

Dundee Denny
Dundee Denny
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby JULES » Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:35 am

Thanks guys.

Odd that the image I posted yesterday via Postimage is not showing up. I will try again as an attachment:-

Javelin_001.2349 copy.jpg
JULES
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby JULES » Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:37 am

Hmmm. Now it has appeared in the earlier post.

Ah well.

Jules
JULES
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby CJR » Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:45 am

Well now isn't that a fine preview......Jules, awesome.
CJR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Radarek » Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:06 am

Radarek
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

PreviousNext

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale