[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - TransAm Proxy - Round #3 The Riverside 1966

TransAm Proxy - Round #3 The Riverside 1966

2017 Trans-Am Series (Retro Racer 44) Proxy Information

TransAm Proxy - Round #3 The Riverside 1966

Postby Austin » Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:42 pm

We ran the qualification for Round #3 Sunday. I will test magnetic downforce for eah car.
I have B-Ball 8:30 AM till 7 PM Saturday.
Two of the four lanes are up and running. Will post photos of track this weekend.

Still looking for one more car. :flags-canada:

Photo of track I am trying to copy, yes it has the hill side.

Austin
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: TransAm Proxy - Round #3 The Riverside 1966

Postby Austin » Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:23 pm

Magnetic Downforce Using Magnet Marshal

Car # / Magnetic Downforce Grams
65 / 0
14 / 2
53 / 31 One big motor in this car
12 / 25
7 / 4
31 / 2
11 / 2
7 / 1
3 / 0
33 / 14
8 / 5
48 / 2
74 / 0
82 / 5
6 / 0 Lance
45 / 7
48 / 11 Randy
55 / 5
64 / 17
31/ 13
7 / 0 DOC
95 / 2
04 / 0
13 / 5 Austin
8 / 8 Austin
7 / 2 Dreincke
5 / 5 Dreincke
15 / 3
77 / 3
27 / 3
14 / 17 Tom
15 / 4 Msettz
6 / 6 Steevee
89 / 5
6 / 5 Arroldn
31 / 4 Fan
23 / 16
97 / 0 Barc 1
9 / 13
22 / 1
3 / 8
10 / 10
44 / 4
24 / 5 Audi 1
87 / 2 Audi 1
Austin
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:35 pm

Based on the RAA results earlier this year, my money is on the #53 and #12, for sure.

Is that in quali order, Austin?

Anyway, have fun with them!

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Z-carfan » Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:20 pm

I'm curious Austin, why would a few of the cars have such high magnetic down force? Were there not limits to type of motor? I see my 18k motors came in the same. #31 & #44.
Z-carfan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Austin » Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:35 pm

Cars with the high downforce have long cans

NSR "BABY" King EVO 3 17,000 RPM 245g-cm Torque - Magnetic Effect Long Can Motor - Increased Magnetic Downforce - Compatible with home racing set wall pack transformers
Austin
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Radarek » Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:14 pm

Plus baby King being long - open can motor which add for magnetic downforce. I have used few of them in the past and they tested 18.2k at 12V.

Austin any info on qualifications results?

Are you going to race only on two lanes?
Radarek
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:43 pm

Yes number 53 and 12 will have the advantage. Those kind of downforce numbers are significant.
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Austin » Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:44 pm

Are you going to race only on two lanes? Yes 5 min each lane, 12 volts, 4 amps max.

Yes number 53 and 12 will have the advantage. Both cars are U2 cars :scared-eek:
Austin
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby eightwheels » Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:57 pm

Like your track. Was there from the1960 till it closed. From SCCA Club races to Times GP and Mission bell and a couple of Winston cup races. :flags-waveusa: :auto-driving:
eightwheels
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Mitch58 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:19 am

I was born in Riverside, We moved to Orange County, but My Grandmother, Aunts, and cousins were still there. I remember playing in my Aunt's yard with my cousins and hearing the roar of the cars very clearly.
Mitch58
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Changing-Gearz » Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:27 am

When this things over somebody should take the owner of the 53 and give him the old :violence-smack: behind the wood shed....

Oh wait a minute.... Maybe it's just the superior chassis, it just makes down force sitting still.... :liar:

I heard the owner did have a piece of foil tape cut down to stick on the bottom - but in the rush to get to round 2 forgot to put it on..... Not sure if that would have made a difference anyway....
My guess is - I mean - his guess is - Lead sheet would put the car below 1mm to the deck...

I'm OK with starting from the back or starting with a 2 lap deficit...... That motor just seemed like the best one for what I was working with.... I mean the owner....... Ah whatever - people will figure it out....
Lets race - we can settle things like Kyle Busch - after the race...
Changing-Gearz
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby arroldn » Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:36 am

Looking forward to the results and race results.

David, are you keeping an updated results spreadsheet as you did last year? If so where can it be found?

Arrold
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:41 pm

BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Brumos RSR » Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:47 pm

:auto-layrubber: It will be a fun running with the high downforce cars, hopefully the #3 with 0 downforce can get close enough for the DRS to kick in and get a tow :auto-camptrailer:
Brumos RSR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby glasshorsevh » Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:05 am

According to the rules, the long can motor is perfectly legal. There were a number of FK-180 motors on the list David has on the rules page (viewtopic.php?f=57&t=15340). The subject of motor magnetics came up last year and it was said that the majority of venues were wood and it would make very little difference and was put to bed. That said I'm thinking that next year Tiny Alice may need to be running a 3D chassis and long can like everyone else will (or maybe just defend our position at the back with an FC and brass..... not front motored though).

Val
glasshorsevh
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Next

Return to 2017 Trans-Am Series (Retro Racer 44) Proxy