[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Carrera Merc DTM "L. Auer - No 22"

Carrera Merc DTM "L. Auer - No 22"

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

Carrera Merc DTM "L. Auer - No 22"

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:49 pm

Funny how things come our way sometimes. Quite awhile back I sent the prototype photos of this car to Dave Kennedy and said this would be an interesting scheme to add to the series.

His reply? "Way ahead of you". Of course, who isn't?

Anyway I contacted LEB Hobbies and it arrived today. Some will like it, some won't. I do.

Carrera did good job on it. You should not lose sight of it on race day :)

Thought I had enough of these but there is always room for one more I guess :)
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Re: Carrera Merc DTM "L. Auer - No 22"

Postby k0z0oo1 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:01 pm

Yep, that's another one to add to the collection. Awesome looking car there!
k0z0oo1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Josh S » Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:27 pm

Josh S
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:45 am

Reminds me a little bit of the original "pink pig". Great looking livery, and it's a MB............might have to pick that one up......... ;)

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby btaylor » Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:53 am

I don't follow this series, but that is one helluva paint job! I like it!

Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby chappy » Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:19 am

Another great racing series which Carrera has come up Aces on. I received mine a couple of days ago with the Red Bull BMW. . The detail is great on these cars at least for me , and this Merc is not going to get lost in the crowd.
Well done Carrera and for keeping such a iconic series going and going well.
Just waiting for the newest Audi now.
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby ReadingRich » Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:44 pm

I've been looking at getting some DTM cars but have struggled with which one to get. Both SCX and Carrera do some fantastic looking cars and this pink car even had my wife intrigued.
ReadingRich

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sat Mar 11, 2017 3:03 pm

Personally it's no contest. The Carrera models are simply a better car. For starters they have more versions (schemes), not to mention a better chassis in stock racing. Also finding parts is much easier as no dealer I know has bothered to carry the SCX versions.

At least on this side of the big mud puddle. Just noticed your location :)
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby chappy » Sat Mar 11, 2017 3:48 pm

Rich if you havent started collecting yet, Really go with Carrera.
They are good stock, and even a few aftermarket parts can be used for even better performance, Harry knows about these and did a good article onnthe quide upgrade.
Wraith swears by them, and price point you get a lot of bang for your buck,,,, sorry
Punch for your Pound. Only way i would go SCX is if i was a member of a club which ran SCX class DTM cars..
But i must warn you it is quite addicting, They say friends dont turn friends on to drugs but apparently its ok if its slot cars.
All the best
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby ReadingRich » Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:25 am

Cheers for the replies fellas.
Looks like I'm being roped into buying this particular car for my daughters birthday (I'm sure the colour has nothing to do with it).
On another note I really enjoy both the written and video reviews that I've come across on here so far. Next to some DTM I can see the Ford CGR Daytona Prototype gracing my shelves.

Rich
ReadingRich

Postby GPCruisr » Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:37 am

Its on my short list. As soon as CloverLeaf gets one in, its mine.
GPCruisr
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Dogsbody » Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:34 pm

This livery is now on the Force India F1 car.
Dogsbody
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale