[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Carrera Wrecker in Action

Carrera Wrecker in Action

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

Carrera Wrecker in Action

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:18 pm

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Re: Carrera Wrecker in Action

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:10 pm

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby TuscoTodd » Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:14 am

Great to see videos of the wrecker in action! Looking forward to getting my hands on one! :D
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby DaveKennedy » Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:29 am

Thanks for reposting these photos Harry, this truck is a blast! i've been using it now towing cars around the demo track here in Quebec at the Auto Show.

Here's a video I did of the Wrecker towing a makeshift camera car I made here at the show. I cut off all the detail and flattened the rear engine deck of a Lola T222 that I had in my "box o' demo cars" and it made a very nice camera car. I'll be doing more videos with it here at the show. But here's the Wrecker doing it's job.
DaveKennedy
Master Shutterbug

Postby DaveKennedy » Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:40 am

The Wrecker prototype towing the new Beetle prototype.

Towing the camera car:

and i'm sorry I don't know exactly when this car will arrive. It will be sooner rather than later.
DaveKennedy
Master Shutterbug

Postby DaFisch » Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:18 am

Nice! Do you know if it will still get the diamond plate pattern and grill added? Just curious...it already looks good in my opinion.
DaFisch

Postby Josh S » Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:51 am

This is just so cool. I am really glad Carrera decided to make this. :text-thankyouyellow:
Josh S
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby DaveKennedy » Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:58 pm

DaveKennedy
Master Shutterbug

Postby Slottus » Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:27 pm

Textures are already etched.
Small adjustments have still to be done, sorry.

Slottus
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby DaveKennedy » Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:31 pm

Vielen danke Slottus!!!!
DaveKennedy
Master Shutterbug

Postby DaveKennedy » Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:32 pm

Also, Slottus, is the gearing the same as normal? I have not yet opened up the body of the Wrecker to look.
DaveKennedy
Master Shutterbug

Postby Slottus » Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:32 pm

Bitteschön! ;)
Slottus
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Slottus » Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:37 pm

Slottus
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby DaveKennedy » Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:42 pm

I have to just say to Slottus that he's done a great job I think. I've been doing lots of laps with this prototype here at the Auto Show and the reaction to the people to it is great. I honk the horn while I'm pulling a car around (mostly Lightning McQueen) and the smiles and laughs really make me feel great about the future for it. The horn is loud enough even in a very noisy setting like a trade show and the sound i think is perfect. From a technical point of view it feels very stable to drive (with magnets like on the demo track or the wood track at my club a week ago). The truck has more than enough power to pull a car WAY too fast if you want it to.
DaveKennedy
Master Shutterbug

Postby Slottus » Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:52 pm

Thank you! :)
It's projects like this, off the beaten path, that spice up my worklife. ;)
One project a year should at least be a bit controversial...
Slottus
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Next

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale