TGIF - Work and Play

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

TGIF - Work and Play

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:32 am

Well the end on another week in the books. Looking forward to the weekend to get started.

Been a busy time around here. My 1:1 job has changed a little and not as much time to play as there used to be. The General is now at home full time and as some of you have seen, she is busy with her new store.

She has decided to carry a few model kits from Moebius as well as make a few items for us slot car guys. It's a different world branching out on your own, but she is adjusting.

New releases are coming in hot and heavy! :dance:

And that means product reviews will be taking up a lot of what spare time I have. But that's fine by me. Some very exciting releases coming that have been on most of those "lists" out there.

My scratch building has suffered the biggest hit, just running out of hours :lol:

Had planned to open up The SkunkWorks for some racing but the locals seem busy as well.

Did a security upgrade on the site yesterday that caused some down time. All is well and just me being cautious. No worries.

Hope all of you have a great weekend and get some fun time in.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Re: TGIF - Work and Play

Postby ccobra » Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:59 am

I know your pain in not having enough time for the slots, especially this past week when I was out of country. But I have many plans for this weekend with a long list of things to do with the list made by myself and my wife. Hopefully I'll be able to get back on my Karmon Ghia project. I did see why I haven't read to many posts by Gameover. I seen a all-wheel drive Bus in Paramibo, Suriname with "GAMEOVER" just under the window on the driver's door. I just wish I could have gotten my camera out for a picture for proof that it happened. Anyway, have a happy and slot-full weekend.
ccobra
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Josh S » Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:53 am

Isn't it terrible when real life gets in the way of slots?! :D
Josh S
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chappy » Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:33 am

Well where to begin. The electricians were here on Wednesday and the track room is all wired and has lots of outlets , even in the ceiling for lights and monitors.
The floor is just getting the rubber mat installed, the cabinets are being put together and a work area created. Scenery on the track is slowly coming along. BUT i have this issue about the track, i just cant seem to stay away from it.
Have a great weekend everyone
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby RazorJon » Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:53 am

Working 6 days a week the past 3 weeks, getting old, the wife is happy, 1 I'm not home and 2 the OT

trying to get a stock of Razors built up, working on 4 builds I need to finish up before starting a new one

have a safe weekend
RazorJon
Tire Razor Guy

Postby btaylor » Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:37 am

Some slot room updates to finish and a couple to start. I got quite a few builds on the bench in various stages of completion. Getting low on local racers lately, some have moved, others just not that serious. Might do some advertising to generate some monthly racing back up.
Hope all have a great weekend as well!

Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:01 pm

Reading about you guys being pressed for free time or having none at all, I thought about how people behave on too many sites. Can you imagine people posting flaming criticism of guys not having enough time for what they enjoy? I can. I've seen it too many times. So... watch it, you workaholics! More fun! Less work! Nyaaah!
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby chappyman66 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:46 pm

Tuned 2 Fly 908s and a Chevron for our club. Thought I would have build time, but instead the grandkids are having a sleepover so the test track got a 2 hr workout. Clearly a single lane was a mistake. On the plus side they all had fun, so good night with Papa.
chappyman66
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Junior » Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:02 pm

I have been spending the last 5-6 saturdays helping my Dad getting ready to sell his house. It's like a treasure hunt going through 50 years of stuff, you never know what you might find.
Junior
Shop Teacher

Postby Ky.Slot Racer » Sat Mar 04, 2017 3:55 am

COOL..johnny express I had much fun with that as a kid
Ky.Slot Racer
HRW Master Modeler

Postby loosewheel » Sun Mar 05, 2017 12:08 am

It's a busy time of year in Northern California, my pile of projects keeps getting bigger!
loosewheel
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:31 am

Love those old toy finds. Nice one Tom.

Still in review mode here. :)
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale