[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Where are all the H.O. fans?

Where are all the H.O. fans?

HO Scale Slot Car Forum
From T-Jets to Magnet Missles!

Where are all the H.O. fans?

Postby dge467 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:24 pm

I haven't seen much action in the forum lately. Did everyone head elsewhere? Or is the scale dying off? I hope not! I have been getting back in this scale lately after redoing my track layout to something I like better. So what is everyone else up to?
Last edited by dge467 on Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dge467
The King of Foil

Re: Where is all the H.O. fans?

Postby loosewheel » Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:10 pm

I packed up my HO stuff 2 years ago and have never looked back, IMHO. I'm sure their are still a lot of fans out there.
loosewheel
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby vins123 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:25 pm

Hi
i am in HO but unfortunately i live upper north of the border...
Sylvain
vins123
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Java » Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:49 pm

I'm just getting back into HO after a 40+ year absence. In a "home racing" forum, I should think HO would be huge! That's why I'm coming back. I moved recently, and now the nearest 1/24 track is over 2 hours away. You all can't disappear yet, I'm just getting ready to start building a track, and I'm going to need your help! :angry-tappingfoot:
Java

Postby dge467 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:35 pm

I am a fan of 1/32, 1/25 and HO. Heck I even have a few 1/43 slot cars. I have been playing with the HO cars forever and I don't think I will ever lose interest in them. They are just to damn cool, plus I have too many of them! Post up some of your collection and track when you can Java. Oh yeah, welcome to the forum!
dge467
The King of Foil

Postby pastor bubba » Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:51 pm

I have ho, 1/32 and 1/24 as well. I have mostly been doing 1/32 for the last couple of years but built the frame work for a ho drag strip last month and I also have a small table started for a ho oval. I had ho as a kid and up until last month, I hadn't bought a new ho car since the 70s. I got some super mods for the oval and a couple of drag cars. Here in central Kansas, there is a group of ho drag racers that has a monthly race. Yesterday's race had 46 cars between kids and adults.
pastor bubba
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Where are all the H.O. fans?

Postby btaylor » Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:27 am

I had a huge 4 lane HO Layout that I passed on to a member on the board. I found HRW while researching stuff for HO. I had to get out of it because as I aged, I couldn't see them well enough to build or work on them anymore. it is a great scale for space limitations, and there are a lot cars and bodies available. Since I built my new oval, and made it with 4" lane spacing, I have been getting serious into 1/25 scale racing. The cars are a lot easier to build, and the bodies available are endless. The road course will stay 1/32, but the oval will be primarily 1/25 scale scratch built cars.

Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby RichD » Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:46 am

There are several clubs that have tracks that are not too far from you, including MARC, Nantasket, LenJet, East Coast Outlaws and HOCOC. http://hococ.weebly.com/
If your reflexes are no longer good enough for racing modern high downforce cars there are groups that race T-Jets, Magnatractions, G-Jets and gravity cars.
RichD
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Z-carfan » Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:43 am

I still have my HO stuff, but have been converted to 1/32 for the size and build opportunities.
Keeping my HO stuff as I have a few buddies that will occasionally want to race. Not like it used to be, but I still like to run them.

HO seems dead in Central Ohio. But then again, so does 1/32, so I end up sending cars in proxies for fun.
Z-carfan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BIG E » Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:01 pm

Sorry man - I've been busy packing up model car parts for my vendor tables at the RTS Model Expo (formerly MassCar's annual show) in Taunton, MA at the Holiday Inn off RT 495.
The show is Sunday, March 19th opening at 9 am to the public. I scored a bunch of T-Jet and AFX stuff there last year. Kinda cut into the profit margin, but hey - we're there to have FUN, too!
Hope you can come by, it's a great show for checking out beautifully built model cars with a well filled vendor area for shopping.
PM me if ya need more info. See ya there! -- Ernie :>)
BIG E
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dge467 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:45 pm

Ernie, my dad and I have a vendor table or two this year. See you there! It seemed like there is a lot less posting in the HO section. I was wondering what happened to all the usual posters. I didn't know if they got out of the scale or moved to another site.
dge467
The King of Foil

Postby eastside johnny » Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:04 pm

These guys have a race in the Columbus area & may be able to get you in touch with other guys in the area. http://www.ohioho.racing/

There's a good bunch in Dayton too http://www.daytonslots.com/
eastside johnny

Postby TuscoTodd » Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:50 am

TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby Z-carfan » Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:56 am

Thanks guys, Will look into them. Any 1/32 groups in the Central Ohio area?
Z-carfan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BIG E » Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:45 pm

BIG E
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Next

Return to HRW HO Scale