Welcome ALL Newcomers!

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

Re: Welcome ALL Newcomers!

Postby WaltB » Mon May 02, 2016 3:18 pm

First, thanks Harry and shotgundave for getting me going. And Dave I hope everything turns out ok, been down that road several times.

For myself, I started in '67 or '68 with T jets then AFX, early 70's found motorcycles and didn't touch slots again till '91 for a year or 2. In 2010 bought a AFX set and just recently dragged all the HO back out for my grandson. I picked up a bunch of cars on the bay and realized they are still fun but something was missing.

Found a large SCX set reasonable and picked it up, my first 1/32 (sorta) anyway these things are a ball to run. Better detail , more variety, super cool cars, I can see them.
So hunting the net I found this and a couple other places and got hooked, 5 new cars arrived today(pics and reviews later} Now I'm planning a couple tracks in wood , you know how it goes!

Really like the review section and tracks(roads) forum and all the tuning info here. Hope I can contribute and we'll see you out there! :auto-driving:

Walt
WaltB

Postby strangebrew » Mon May 02, 2016 5:33 pm

WELCOME................... :text-welcomewave: I think you're hooked
strangebrew
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby WaltB » Tue May 03, 2016 10:32 am

Thanks, yep - hooked like a trout! Lot's on the needs/wants list and much to learn, great fun!

Walt
WaltB

Postby SlotCarCorner » Tue May 03, 2016 8:40 pm

Welcome aboard Walt!

8-)
SlotCarCorner
SCC Mechanic

Postby ChasMy » Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:32 pm

Hello! Obviously I'm new here! Not sure if I'm "supposed" to post here, looks like it's been a while for a newbie to post here, but it looked like the only new member post I could find. I'm almost 50 and my last slot track was a Tyco HO set I bought at a garage sale far too long ago to remember, still have it though! I just bought a Carrera D132 set about a month ago and planning a larger layout, around 19' x 8'. It's still a ways down the road as my monthly "allowance" only allows so much!

I've always had toys, from N scale trains to my full size cars that I play with to the plastic models I still put together. My wife of 22 years still puts up with my silliness though! So, anyway thanks for letting me join and I know I've got a few questions already! Thanks!
ChasMy

Postby RazorJon » Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:17 am

welcome ChasMy glad to have you :text-welcomewave:
RazorJon
Tire Razor Guy

Postby SlotCarCorner » Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:32 am

Welcome ChasMy - please keep us up-to-date on your digital track build.

:text-welcomewave:
SlotCarCorner
SCC Mechanic

Postby BARC 1 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:50 am

Welcome

I joined up about a year ago after getting back into slots after a decade of doing something else. We seem to have a lot in common with toys, trains and cars.

This site has been most helpful to me and I am sure you will like it here.

I use the D132 stuff as well. It is a very solid system and Carrera is making some very nice cars. I think you will find that you may want to at least look at Analog again as well. Most of the proxy activity is using Analog cars, and if you want to go down that road( highly recommended) you will need to dabble in 132 analog. For this reason I modified the Carrera stuff( voids all warranty) to run analog cars as well. Nothing too complex but you need to understand the basics and be able to use a soldering iron.

Enjoy your time, and just because you are new doesn't mean you can't teach us a thing or two.

Cheers

Dan
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby ChasMy » Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:34 pm

Razor, SCC, Dan thanks for the welcome!

I guess we all have a lot in common, probably more than we know. It's interesting how from this "distance" we are all closer together no matter who we are but I'm off track a little I suppose. Anyway I hope to learn more about all the changes and hopefully share a little knowledge. I'm a confirmed fix-it guy and enjoy tinkering with anything.
ChasMy

Postby scatman » Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:03 pm

Welcome Home. Looking forward to future post. We love pictures.
scatman
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby David C » Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:35 pm

Hello; another new guy here: found this place by Googling slot car forums-- a former slot car car racer in New England from the 70s- recently bought a Carrera set and am modifying Scalextric TransAm cars by adding Carrera circuit boards to them-- lots of info here to find, thanks to all responsible to make this forum available. Searching for info on how to run these cars with stock tires and no magnets or less magnets or weights- any input on how to do this appreciated.
David C

Postby Broman62 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:36 pm

Welcome aboard DC... you already know how wonderful it is here so enjoy!! JMHO, I would post your info seeking in a separate thread to probably get more views and answers!!
Broman62
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Wild Eagle » Sun Feb 19, 2017 5:24 pm

Hi everyone, I'm in N. Texas and like so many others I've been away from the hobby a long time. I did RC aircraft for decades and still do some but the modeling virus has come full circle back to slot cars where it all started.

I've spent a lot of time here re-educating myself and so much has progressed, I feel I've only scratched the surface. Just like aircraft building and flying, at least half if not more of the total enjoyment factor for me comes from the building and crafting aspect. My skills will never produce some of the art I've seen crafted here on this site, viewing it is inspirational and chasing that high level of craftsmanship has to have a positive effect on skills, if not only to increase the scrap brass pile.

At the beginning of 2013, I started back into hobby by scratch building a chassis and kit bashing a 1:32 modified from the coupe era. I had to pack it up before it was finished for the move to Texas and now it's 4 years later and I'm exited about finally opening that box and finishing my first slot car in decades.

Like many, available space is limited for me. This past month I built a lightweight PVC tilting table that is 12' x 4'5" that looks like it will work. I'm looking forward to finishing and laying the Carrera track.

Didn't intend to be too long winded, just wanted to get around to saying hi and how much I enjoy being here, so glad I found it.
Paul
Wild Eagle

Postby RazorJon » Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:36 pm

hi Paul and welcome, look forward to seeing your track and builds
RazorJon
Tire Razor Guy

Postby strangebrew » Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:55 pm

...............Welcome....................Your avatar interested me, I think you'll be my kind of builder. :lol:
strangebrew
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

PreviousNext

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale