A statement of thanks to Carrera and Dave Kennedy

Latest Slot Car News - ALL SCALES

A statement of thanks to Carrera and Dave Kennedy

Postby Mayberryman » Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:09 pm

I would like to go on record as being very appreciative for the efforts of Dave Kennedy and Carrera. I am not bashing any other company as I own and enjoy slot cars from most of them. The thing that sets Carrera apart for me a. re, first, the affordability of the cars and the quality of construction. I look on slot racing as a competitive venue and not as a collector and my first thought is the cost to the entry level racer. I race in one club in Virginia (The Barn Burners Slot Car Club) and one of our most important aspects is how much would the new racer have to pay to get competitive cars for him or her and a child to race in a given class. Carrera has given that person the ability to compete for under $80. I understand that to many this might not be a big point but when you consider most clubs race from four to nine classes it does add up. I will say that I have raced with two different clubs and have cars as cheap as a stock Carrera GT to a Racer Resin car that with competitive tires cost me over $225 and to be honest the fun factor is the same. The second thing we have to be thankful for is that we have a person like Dave Kennedy who is willing to monitor the slot racing forums, is willing to listen and respond to John Q Slot Racer and will make known the ideas of the racer. Again, I am not saying this as a bash on any brand in any way as I race and enjoy most of them, but it is a statement of fact about the cost, quality and customer service of Carrera.
Mayberryman
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: A statement of thanks to Carrera and Dave Kennedy

Postby Z-carfan » Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:45 pm

Here here!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Z-carfan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Josh S » Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:50 pm

I totally agree with you, sir. I am still pretty new to the whole slot car scene, but I have been so impressed with Carrera from day one. Dave really is one of the best!
Josh S
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby DaFisch » Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:04 pm

Agreed..Dave is top-notch! Met him in person at Road America's Cheetah Reunion and he was a super nice guy to both me and my family.
DaFisch

Postby DaveKennedy » Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:08 pm

Um.. wow.. this is unexpected. Thanks guys this means a lot! :handgestures-thumbup:
DaveKennedy
Master Shutterbug

Postby SuperSlab » Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:20 pm

I would add my voice to this as well. I am a major Carrera fan: they produce beautiful models that can be made to run surprisingly well no magnet on wood. All this at an excellent price.

My latest Carrera (1/32 C7R) is a great example. One of the guys in our group bought his to our races and once I saw it I just HAD to get one. Looking forward to running it for the first time this Friday.

My respects to you and Carrera Dave.

Alwyn
SuperSlab
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby oldtymer » Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:33 pm

I have to jump in on this one also .I have MANY Carrera Digital 1/32 and 1/24 cars with almost half of them over 2 yrs old . They all have had a major amount of laps and horrendous amount of RACING INCIDENTS on them and are all still running and in one piece . BUT the real reason for this Thread is to say what an amazing job Dave is doing for the Hobby . Dave ....you are a true ambassador for Carrera and I have thanked you before in an earlier phone conversation but I wanted other people to see that you are really appreciated by many of us in this great Hobby of TOYS FOR ADULTS .
Thanks Again
Fred
oldtymer
Cat Lovers Club Prez

Postby CJR » Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:41 am

More of the same from me. I have exchanged a few emails with Dave and I always look forward to his posts here. Thanks Dave!
CJR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby vins123 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:30 pm

i totally agree with everything has been written that, i met Mr Dave in Canada, and it was a pleasure to talk to him
Sylvain
vins123
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby loosewheel » Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:51 pm

I endorse that! Great products, great people!
loosewheel
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby 351c » Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:38 am

I agree most of my recent purchases have been Carrera both scales
keep up the great work.(57 Ford stock car would be nice, and a 1/24 Cobra too)
Thanks Mike Jones :text-thankyouyellow:
351c

Return to Slot Car News!