[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - NEW Track Cleaner VIDEO ADDED

NEW Track Cleaner VIDEO ADDED

Latest Slot Car News - ALL SCALES

Re: NEW Track Cleaner VIDEO ADDED

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:17 pm

And done.

Posted using Tapatalk Pro
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby goosenapper » Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:41 pm

Owning the Contour is like owning a dedicated tire truing machine.

Sure, you don't need one, but after you use it, you can't imagine not having one! :D
goosenapper
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Racie35 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:14 pm

I think if someone wants it, that's reason enough. That there's any new product in the hobby is good.You don't want what happened in the 60s to reoccur...anything that promotes is good.
Bitching about price when most have a slew of special cars...cmon...don't do what you think it should?, I'll walk you through your hobby room and garage and show you a few things you may have missed.
Bravo for just trying I say.
Racie35
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby cgingras » Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:28 am

Thanks for your comments Nap. I'm happy to see the product has found its customers, and many of them. This is a good thing.

As you said, I must have confused you with a customer from the Calgary area. Sorry for this, I thought you were a customer at SCCC. It just accentuates the point that I'm telling things like I see them, doesn't matter if the guy is a customer or not.

In the end, my assessment of the product does not change but I'm happy to see many slot car racers find it useful. I wish you success for the future.
cgingras
SCC Mechanic

Postby Kemtronracer » Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:17 am

I use a small block of wood with a swiffer pad taped to it. It has a wire attached that hooks to one of my cars so I can tow it around to clean the track - works great; it even swings out in the turns to clean the outside gutter lane. I also use Harry's tape trick - it works well too.
Kemtronracer
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby hitechsafetydisplays » Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:53 am

Kemtronracer - That is similar to one of our first prototypes. We used 1/2" ABS sheet similar in shape to the TrackPro - Contour. It was pulled by 2 thin aircraft cables that attached to mounting screws under the slot car. We added a slot guide that could be turned down 180 degree into the slot for slot cleaning, or left upright for that swinging effect. We had Velcro hook on the base of the block for the Swiffer cloth. We abandoned that approach because it required a dedicated slot car and also because you had to be careful of your speed because the centrifugal force could cause the block to wack fence posts quite hard. Also, slot cars are not consistent in that they have either one or 2 rear mounting screws. So we would have either had to sell the unit with a slot car or send miscellaneous screws that could work on various slot cars. In the end, we chose a pushing design with contouring weight blocks and side wings, allowing the unit to be used by most slot cars as long as they had the traction to push the module. The contouring weight blocks with pressure points were significant in that they allowed for a much lighter cleaning module which had the cleaning effect of a much heavier cleaning module. This way, it was easier on the slot car and more slot cars could push the module around.
hitechsafetydisplays

Postby Slot GT » Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:53 pm

Slot GT
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Cincyslots » Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:45 pm

Yours is much cleaner than mine was. lol

Bruce
Cincyslots
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby bigman » Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:20 am

First off I don't have one of these yet. :violin:
But I do have a Imagination and I can see a cool way to use it. :music-rockout:
I'd like to see this track cleaner on the front of a dump truck
You could put weight in the box pretty easily , ad just the right amount of weight
to get the job done, heck you could put extra cleaning pads back there. :idea:
On one hand I'm lucky my track is only four feet wide (easy to reach), :auto-driving: :auto-driving:
You guys with wide track layouts (not so easy),right, even if you could reach the middle
you can't say you getter done just right every time. :angry-tappingfoot:
I could see it being used between heats or when you take a brake during the race. :idea:
Like the good old boy's of NASCAR under the yellow flag, there always cleaning the marbles in the corners, right.
Just like you can see the crap on the tires when they get in to the marbles (no control) :angry-soapbox:
This new product made in North America, WOW, that's a great thing right there, you probably will have no problem with it, even if you did, parts would get here a lot quicker, in days not weeks. :text-bravo:
The price point, is about as much for a meal at Mickey D's if the whole family gets a apple pie with dinner. :laughing-rolling: :scared-eek:

I want to thank Bruce for taking the time to post this new track cleaner plus a video for all of us here at HRW.
Also your new web site is super cool and a lot easier to get around and for your E-Mail's while you were on vacation, now that's just great service, all of us should be thankful of all the great Dealers that support our site. :text-thankyouyellow:

bigman/big fan
bigman
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Cincyslots » Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:00 am

Yes, these have been received well. Especially since they have taken the time to update the guide to work on Scalextric track.

Thanks for the kind words big man. I don't like to wait for answers so I try to reply asap.

Bruce
Cincyslots
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Previous

Return to Slot Car News!