[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Alternative To Photobucket?

Alternative To Photobucket?

Friendly, Off Topic Chatter

Alternative To Photobucket?

Postby Nor Cal Mike » Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:43 pm

I don't know if you folks have been having sucky service from Photobucket recently but I have about had it with them. From their pop up adds to their extremely slow loading I find it almost unusable. Just a moment ago I was trying to upload some pics to share here and I cannot even get their log in page to show up on my computer screen. Is there another photo hosting site with the proper links to post photos here that you would recommend?
Nor Cal Mike
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Alternative To Photobucket?

Postby munter » Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:34 pm

I agree, Mike.

My patience is usually short so when I strike a problem with Photobucket the air turns blue...quite often lately.

I could log in but when I needed to upload I was directed back to the login page...round and round and round....I wrote asking for help.
A few days later they replied but info was of no use.

I took a quick google around and saw Smugmug. It costs $40 per year for the basic service but seems to be a better option.
I have a couple of albums there now.
munter
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dge467 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:49 pm

I agree with their slowness! I did a free download of Ad Blocker Plus, and the Photo bucket site uploaded a lot faster for me.
dge467
The King of Foil

Postby 2fast4u14 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:13 pm

why cant we make it as easy here as it is in ebay and other sites.never understood why you need a degree from MIT or have to work at NASA to post pictures on this site.IT NEEDS TO BE SIMPLE.
2fast4u14

Postby ourwayband » Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:15 pm

Photobucket has had tons of problems ,at least on end end any way..Still have an account there but I now use http://www.dropshots.com
fast and free..
Rusty
ourwayband
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Nor Cal Mike » Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:14 pm

Thanks Rusty. I opened an account at dropshots and will give them a try.
Nor Cal Mike
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Abarth Mike » Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:35 pm

Abarth Mike
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Z-carfan » Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:45 pm

I may be wrong, but hosting on another site like Photobucket, saves Harry on the photo storage on the server HRW is hosted on.
I'm not enthralled by Photobucket, but it works if you don't want to spend money to host the photos.
Z-carfan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:12 pm

It's not that hard. If it were then most could not do it, but they do.

You can use Facebook as well as we showed.

Also if your using a mobile device, Tapatalk gives you space to easy uploads.

Finally, I have one more hosting option. Mike I'll pm you.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Nor Cal Mike » Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:20 pm

Thanks Harry
Nor Cal Mike
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby studioRS » Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:50 pm

I've use Flickr for many years, never a problem, plus you get 1TB of storage free.
studioRS
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby SuperSlab » Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:04 pm

SuperSlab
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby DaveKennedy » Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:09 am

I've not been able to get into my Photobucket account for weeks now... i'm super pissed about that.
DaveKennedy
Master Shutterbug

Postby RichD » Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:12 am

I have been using Photobucket for years. I even paid for a premium account so I could post movies. This year Photobucket started putting advertising on their site and that really slowed things down, so I paid to remove the ads. In spite of that Photobucket has gone down once in a while, which is even more annoying since I am paying for it. At the very least the pages can be slow to load, so finding a particular picture can take some time. To beat that problem I have a spreadsheet with links for many, but not all, of my pictures, so I often do not have to go to the Photobucket site to grab a picture.
I have written this article on how to post pictures using Photobucket: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BzLR4 ... FBPdmxqTEE
I also have an account with Flickr, which works better except for the linking feature. Flickr does not have a link with just the IMG code, the IMG code is buried in a very long group of characters. I have to copy and paste the whole works, then erase the stuff that I don't need. Flickr pictures are included in my spreadsheet and the links only include the IMG codes.
I do delete pictures from both accounts from time to time. I try to avoid deleting pictures that have been linked to slot BBs. Most of the deleted pictures have been ones of old race results or possibly diagrams that have been replaced with better ones. If you ever run across one of my posts and the picture is missing you can always shoot me a PM with a link to the post and I can send you the picture if you want to see it.
RichD
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby DaveKennedy » Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:43 am

I've had a Pro Account with Photobucket for years now (since I started Slot Car News). I pay for unlimited bandwidth and storage. I have thousands of photos there but their inability to fix this log in problem over the past few weeks is maddening...
DaveKennedy
Master Shutterbug

Next

Return to Bench Racer's Lounge