[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Modified Stock car

Modified Stock car

For 1/32nd Scale Models

Modified Stock car

Postby BARC 1 » Sat Nov 26, 2016 1:00 pm

BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Modified Stock car

Postby Abarth Mike » Sat Nov 26, 2016 10:53 pm

Is that 1/24? What did you use for ignition wires? On my BBC the distributor is at the back?
Abarth Mike
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:23 am

This is 1/32 scale. Ignition wires are thin guage wire painted red. As to the placement of the distributer you got me on that one

Cheers

Dan
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Abarth Mike » Sun Nov 27, 2016 6:12 am

Ignition wires are thin guage wire painted red.

OKI that works.
Abarth Mike
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby glasshorsevh » Sun Nov 27, 2016 7:55 am

As far as the position of the distributor, BARC Racing most be powered by Ford. Chrysler and GM small blocks have their distributors located at the back of the intake manifold....
glasshorsevh
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:00 am

I pulled the motor. I wasn't happy with the headers, and I want this to represent a Chevy, so I will reposition the distributer while I am at it,

It was a good exercise in maintenance on this chassis, as I replaced the real motor as well

I should have googled big block Chevy earlier. Hundreds of examples I could have used as a guide

Cheers and thanks

Dan
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:13 am

Well done either way. At least you are doing it and that is the important thing. Keep it up.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby dreinecke » Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:36 am

That is looking great Dan!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby strangebrew » Sun Nov 27, 2016 1:37 pm

There's no "light bulb emoji" soooo :think:
Great job
strangebrew
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Sun Nov 27, 2016 6:55 pm

OK I put it back together with a new motor. and I am happy I did. The first motor most have got cooked while I was soldering . It was one of those," this will be quick moments", but I should have known better. Excessive heat and magnets don't mix, and the motor seemed weak to me when running it. New motor in it and the performance is much better.

Thanks to the Chevy fans I moved the distributor to where it belongs. Seat belts have been added as has the steering wheel

I put down a coat of paint on the body, but the paint doesn't seem to be drying properly. It had been two days and I could still make a dent in it with my finger nail. so I stripped it off and will wash the body again, and try another brand of primer.

Cheers

Dan
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby strangebrew » Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:47 am

I'm sending you some more. I had some contaminated resin & can't remember who I might have sent some castings to.
strangebrew
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:33 pm

BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to 1/32 Showcase