[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Nov. 20 show at York, PA

Nov. 20 show at York, PA

Latest Slot Car News - ALL SCALES

Nov. 20 show at York, PA

Postby proxieken » Fri Nov 18, 2016 6:06 pm

proxieken
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Nov. 20 show at York, PA

Postby DaveKennedy » Sat Nov 19, 2016 11:40 am

I'll be there tomorrow, looking forward to it. :)
DaveKennedy
Master Shutterbug

Postby BIG E » Sat Nov 19, 2016 4:09 pm

What I can tell you about the York, PA event is that it's a large show, with a lot a manufacturer participation from what I heard about last year's event. Unfortunately, I once again cannot work my vendor set up there due to a previous commitment.
I'll be at the NJ Slot Car Show in Parsippany, NJ at the PAL hall. A much smaller show to be sure, but I've been going there for many years and it's all slot cars at this event. ECHORR holds a club series race and also an open to all (at no charge) IROC race for show patrons as well. If you're going, ask for me at the door and come over to my tables to say hello.
Where ever you may go tomorrow, ENJOY! -- Ernie :>)
BIG E
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BIG E » Wed Nov 23, 2016 2:55 pm

Anyone go to the show in York, PA? I'd like to hear about it. The slot car show in Parsippany, NJ was again lots of FUN.
Seeing old friends in the hobby- both customers and vendors - always makes this show one of my personal favorites.
Made a fair amount of sales, and spent lots of $$$ on HO slot cars, parts, wheels/tires, bodies. ect.
I also enjoyed running in the ECHORR "IROC" T-Jet race, and had a top podium finish when it was all over.
A very cool 4 lane short and flat Max Trax circuit (black in color instead of the usual grey) was provided by the club for their event this time around.
It was both fun and challenging to navigate, with the two opposing 11"R hairpin turns complimenting the big, wide, 23"R sweepers at each end.
Driving the identically prepared Aurora T-Jet chassis w/ Auto World Corvette Grand Sport bodies was fun for the competitors who signed up for the race.
All IROC drivers used old school yellow handle Aurora-Russkit 45 ohm two wire controllers, also supplied by the club.
Thanks again to the members of ECHORR for allowing the public to enjoy their cars and track, free of charge. They even serviced the cars in between heats and marshalled the turns!
After packing up, my friend and I visited Tec Toys hobby store on RT46, just about 10 minutes east of the show on the way home.
This shop is over 30 years old and is absolutely STUFFED with merchandise!
I couldn't resist buying myself a new AFX MEGA G+ Ford GT40, in the red #3 Dan Gurney livery, as well as a Tune Up Parts Kit for the same.
Next slot car show in Parsippany, NJ is in May 2017, email Pete at <pserraon.aol.com> for more details and the exact Sunday date.

Hope everyone has a safe and Happy Thanksgiving holiday weekend. Enjoy! -- Ernie :>)
BIG E
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby hksk25 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:21 pm

I went and there really was only 1 dealer there with any real inventory, Carrera. 2-3 other tables with a few cars. I missed last year, but 2 years ago I remember more than this year. Dave Kennedy (Carrera)had a track set up. Overall disappointing.

Is the Morgantown slot car show happening this year?

Harry
hksk25
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby proxieken » Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:03 pm

I helped Sam set up and run the Carrera 132 track and also helped set up the Go! track. In my opinion attendance was down from previous years. The organizer spent a lot of time and money on this, giving away prizes for the model car competition and it seemed there were few participants.
proxieken
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby goosenapper » Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:56 pm

goosenapper
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby DaveKennedy » Sun Nov 27, 2016 4:27 pm

DaveKennedy
Master Shutterbug

Postby DaveKennedy » Sun Nov 27, 2016 4:29 pm

DaveKennedy
Master Shutterbug

Postby DaveKennedy » Sun Nov 27, 2016 4:31 pm

DaveKennedy
Master Shutterbug

Postby proxieken » Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:09 pm

The people who raced seemed to have a great time, so in that sense it was more of the same. The vendors were selling a lot of odds and ends, one guy had a lot of 1/32 cars of various brands. I picked up this for $25-Image

The plan every year is to try to run some organized racing but it always breaks down in to a chaotic stream of people racing. I thought watching the couples race was funny, as the women seemed to enjoy competing against the guys. We had some little kids who did quite well too, and that is my favorite part of the show.

The GO! track was bigger and had the jump, which my inner child never grows tired of running cars across.
proxieken
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BIG E » Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:15 pm

BIG E
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby hksk25 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:15 pm

Sorry to hear this. It was, without a doubt, a great show. I always came home with some nice cars(1/32) at a good price. I will miss this show.

Harry
hksk25
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to Slot Car News!