[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Scalextric BTCC ? Your reports?

Scalextric BTCC ? Your reports?

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

Scalextric BTCC ? Your reports?

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:28 am

Not a big follower of this series, so wondering what folks think of these new cars?

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Re: Scalextric BTCC ? Your reports?

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:38 am

The British Touring Cars and the German Touring Cars were much more popular here before the network that carried them was bought and ruined. The same is true about those amazing Japan GT cars. I didn't get to see Bathurst this year, either, so I'm arranging things so I can kill cable TV. I will be streaming only in a matter of days.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby CatRacer » Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:47 am

I looked at this one at my LHS a few days ago and it appeared too narrow and tall for my liking.
CatRacer
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby bobbyraz49 » Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:56 am

bobbyraz49
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chappy » Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:46 am

I have run the stock ones on my wood traxk in the garage with urethanes and they are a hoot. I think they will be a good series, both the Current BTCC and the Classic BTCC series.
I havent tried one with the PCR chassis yet so cant report, but being an upgrade with upgrades in wheels etc i cant see it being a con.
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:47 am

I suppose I am the minority so far. The series seems appealing to me given the wheel standards employed (Slot.it) sizes making aftermarket tire choices a breeze.

And I don't need or want every car to act like a modern LMP. Having models with unique character on the track is more appealing to me now than in years past. The challenge of tuning a car like this to get it to handle well on the wood is rather inviting.

But this is just from a simple home racing view.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:48 am

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby chappy » Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:32 pm

Harry if you like the old TinTops as the Classics BMW30E for example, or the new style , the run in this series will provide a lot of choice in cars and liveries.
If i can get them settled down and running well , anyone can.
My priority is having fun, with cars that i like. If i dont like the class , then i dont get them.
Example the Formula E has never appealed to me, and i would take classic over modern any day, but thats just me and my era of choice. Your experience may differ entirely .
But i know you like fun
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby Dangermouse » Wed Nov 09, 2016 2:53 pm

We race a ETCC / BTCC / WTCC class - the pick of the cars are the SCX Honda and Volvo - then the likes of SCX Alfa and Seat and Scalextric BMW - a couple of chaps raced the modern BTCC cars from Scalextric a BMW and a MG - they looked great and were competitive. With a little more tuning I think they would be up at the top of the field.

I believe the chassis/wheel arrangement etc is similar between the modern and classic BTCC cars so I would be guessing they would run the same. I was eyeing of the Ford Sierra RS500 in the classics and the VW Passat in the modern. Pendleslot has a few on special and they are including a free PCR chassis.

cheers
David
Dangermouse
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby ReadingRich » Sat Mar 04, 2017 4:42 pm

I have the Honda Civic. I haven't run it on wood yet just standard Scalextric track it's great fun and a great looking car (I'm a bit biased with the looks). Really looking forward to getting more touring cars both classic and current I just wish a little bit more choice such as the old Mondeo and Laguna era cars.
ReadingRich

Postby Dangermouse » Sat Mar 04, 2017 5:54 pm

We raced this class again last night - a few more chaps had the modern Scalextric cars - they went well. The civic and the MG were good - the older BMW and Sierra are tuneable they are narrow compared to the modern cars but would be a fun class to race if you stuck with only those cars.
Dangermouse
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chappy » Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:57 pm

Ok so here are my latest findings. The new BTCC cars , ie VW Passat, Honda, MG and BMW 125 with just PGs on the back are great, at best a tiny bit of weight near the guide to help,with the grip from the PGs, ser fun series.
The classics like the RS and the E3 etc although narrower are no different. A bit of chassis weight with PG tires and they are just great little runners. The tires that come stock onnthe Current BTCC are the new style and pretty grippy as it is. But thenolder version even though newly produced do need some PGTires . Think,of the Old Clark Lotus Cortina and then add a few ounces of fun withnthe RS and the E3 Beemer.
If the tin tops are not your thing , then dont waste your money as you wont like them based on the looks alone, but if you like the cars that look like street cars , give them a try. Dont expect Gt speeds and performance , but be prepared to ditch the magnet and do som e old style tail hanging racing.
That has been my experience . To add to,the sets you can run some of the Barhurst cars which are the same but different liveries.
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby ReadingRich » Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:59 am

I'm keen to try some aftermarket tyres on my Honda it struggle finding the right information with regards to dimensions. It's just one of the many things I need to learn for the hobby all part of the fun I guess.
I'll probably end up with a fleet of the things so at some point I'll get PCR chassis and motor upgrade for one as well.
ReadingRich

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:54 am

If you have a caliper, measure the wheels and either send them to me in PM or just post here.

Here is the type of info we are looking for:

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby redlynr » Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:09 am

BTCC Civic wheel measurements...

rim od, 14.1
rim width, 7.9
rib od, 16.5
rid width, 5.1

Supertires 1403, and every other tire I have for slot.it 15x8 fit perfectly.
redlynr
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Next

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale