[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - 1st Annual I-75 Orange Barrel Race

1st Annual I-75 Orange Barrel Race

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

Re: 1st Annual I-75 Orange Barrel Race

Postby mikeinclover » Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:06 pm

Bob we have a fish dinner waiting for you when you get here.
mikeinclover
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Slot_It_bob » Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:40 pm

Yep I should have expected that Mike! But when we kick your butt on your home track you'll be eating crow! :)
Slot_It_bob
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Pappy » Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:52 pm

Bob's not allowed to eat anything all day Saturday and until the race is over on Sunday.

Looks like we're going to open up an old fashion can of wup a$$ on you guys. I'm beginning to feel sorry for you guys already.

This is me feeling sorry for you. :banana-dance:

I don't see any reason for me to even bring the trophy along on the trip since we're just going to win it anyway. Unless maybe you guys have someone you just want to show it to. :D
Pappy
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Pappy » Tue Oct 11, 2016 2:18 pm

What, no comments from the peanut gallery? I guess I got you all to sceered to post. We're working on another driver who is just as good as Pat and you all know what he did to you on my track. I really do pity you guys, I wouldn't wanta be ya. Even that Rob guy is to sceered to post, he don't know much but even he knows you guys are going down. :D :teasing-tease:
Pappy
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Oscar Racing » Tue Oct 11, 2016 7:14 pm

After we practice a bit tomorrow, Rob may chime in....We are trying to keep him focused for Round 2....
Oscar Racing
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Pappy » Wed Oct 12, 2016 5:26 am

Good luck! :lol: :laughing-rolling:
Pappy
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BIG E » Wed Oct 12, 2016 12:46 pm

Cool! That trophy is like the one that I was awarded a few years ago by BMW at an Invitational Autocross, driving then-new 3 and 5 series sedans.
I had low time for the event, and was awarded a 6" high orange cone. A very cool and FUN event!

Your track in the pictures looks like the absolute perfect club circuit, just beautiful!
My congratulations on the event. Enjoy! -- Ernie :>)
BIG E
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Pappy » Wed Oct 12, 2016 2:48 pm

Thank you, Ernie.

We have a good time when we get together and the smack talk is all for fun. :banana-dance:
Pappy
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Pappy » Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:54 am

Just double checking to make sure before I make the trip to Michigan that the race is still on and you guys haven't chickened out. Does anyone really think that I need to bring the trophy to Michigan? I'd hate to take a chance on breaking it for nothing. :D
Pappy
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby GPCruisr » Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:29 pm

Last edited by GPCruisr on Sun Oct 30, 2016 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GPCruisr
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby mikeinclover » Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:20 pm

How is it that we didn't get a picture of the full Michigan team?
Mike
mikeinclover
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby SlotCarCorner » Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:03 pm

SlotCarCorner
SCC Mechanic

Postby Cincyslots » Mon Oct 31, 2016 6:08 am

The stickers on the cars had to drive Pat nuts!! lol

Bruce
Cincyslots
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Budslots » Mon Oct 31, 2016 6:45 am

Bruce they did! Also I broke the rear wing off our car in the first heat and the first words out of Pats mouth was the car was done. lol

Thanks to al the Michigan guys for hosting us at your store! It was a great time as always! The store track has me continuing to wish you guys lived a little closer to us. What a great track to run on weekly! What an amazing store!

We just could not get two cars to run a clean race at the same time. If we did it could have been even closer if thats possible!

What an unbelievable finish to the race the top three teams separated by 11 laps after 6 hours!!! What great racing!

Next year we should rotate the races and do the Michigan race first and then finish at Butch's house. You got us this year! We will be coming for ya next year!
Budslots

Postby Pappy » Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:00 pm

2,332, that's how many orange barrels Bob and I counted between my house and Cloverleaf racing. Admittedly most of them are in Ohio, but maybe if Michigan did a little more road repair we wouldn't need a four wheel drive off road vehicle to get there. :D :lol:

As usual, it was a great time racing with our good friends in Michigan.

First I'd like to thank Mike, Dave, Art and everyone connected with Cloverleaf for a great time and a really "great" race. The track runs a lot different than our track but it is still a great track and I think the results will confirm that. I'd also like to thank Rob for buying us a great breakfast Sunday morning even if he did have to kick an old lady out of her favorite seat to get the table he wanted. :lol: I'd like to thank Dave for taking the time to set up my controller to plug into the track. I'd also like to thank Mike for the new NSR Moslers that he is going to send to all the racers as a participants trophy. He would have given them to us yesterday but didn't have enough of them in stock. :D

I'd also like to thank Cal, Dave and Paul for filling in and running with the Ohio teams. This year we've had a scheduling problem with some of our drivers. Thanks again guys. Hopefully next year we'll be able to fill our roster with Buckeyes. :banana-dance: If not we'd love to have you guys run with us again.

Now for the :violence-smack: talk. Even though Dave ran the fastest laps in the race and ran more of them I think if he would have tried a little harder the out come would have been different. I'm beginning to think he was a plant to ensure a Michigan victory. It's obviously a mass Michigan conspiracy to belittle, embarrass and offend the Ohio racers. Unbeknownst to you, it is impossible to belittle, embarrass or offend a buckeye. There is nothing you can say or do that is so low that we would take offense to it, so the jokes on you. :lol:

I'm also not sure you guys weren't playing with the voltage on Saturday to disrupt our timing on Sunday. I noticed that none of the Michigan drivers practiced on Saturday so they wouldn't get their timing screwed up. I can't prove it but I've been around Rob enough to know how people from Michigan think. :angry-tappingfoot: :lol:

So now that we know all your tricks it's going to be different story next year. That orange barrel trophy will be heading south where it belongs.

So until next year you guys take care and we'll probably see most of you at the Michigan 24 where I predict a Buckeye victory. :banana-dance:
Pappy
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

PreviousNext

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale