[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - La Carrera Panamericana-2 - The Builds

La Carrera Panamericana-2 - The Builds

Re: La Carrera Panamericana-2 - The Builds

Postby Doubl-B » Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:19 pm

That's pretty cool if you have the skills. I wonder if the night classes at the local high school will cover that kind of thing soon?

Proxies can be rough but it's like NASCAR -the good handling competitive cars that spend most of the time up front finish the race looking pristine but the ones that are a bit more ill-mannered get pretty hammered by the end of the race!

Best of luck!

BB
Doubl-B
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Fri Sep 09, 2016 2:43 pm

Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TuscoTodd » Sat Sep 10, 2016 6:50 am

Keith - those are some GREAT looking bodies!
Two thumbs up sir! :D
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby TF1250 » Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:31 pm

Keith's second Studebaker body was at Luf's on Friday night, and have to say, it was beyond beautiful. Perfectly painted and perfectly applied decals!!
TF1250

Postby Retro Racer 44 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:04 pm

Retro Racer 44
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Aloha » Mon Sep 12, 2016 4:04 pm

According to Google your team could have started in 1925 when Corona was first bottled and distributed....those are awesome cars!!!!
Aloha
Dale
Aloha
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 5:23 pm

Agree! Those two cars look like they came right out of a major manufacturer's box. Terrific!

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chappy » Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:05 am

Beautiful Keith , again your work shines through.
Kudos
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby BARC 1 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:54 pm

Rebuilt my Porsche 550 . Gift Card inline Chassis with a Jack Rabbit as per Allan's suggestion

Packaged up and will be mailed tomorrow

Cheers
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Retro Racer 44 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:02 pm

A Tale of Two Studeys by What the Dickens?

I took my two Studeys to Luf's on Monday night. My expectations were that the white car with the wider rear track would be able to corner faster and post better lap times.

NOT! The yellow/blue car was turning times similar to those done by the original one last spring. That was a heavier car with a slower motor, and I think I can tune this one up a notch. The white car was half a second slower. When I examined it I discovered the rear wheels were rubbing on the body where it curves back from the bulges. I attempted to reset the wheels, but the 3d pod in it requires tubing spacers to hold the bearings in place, and I couldn't adjust it.

Tonight I plan to do a bit of a rebuild; removing a bit of resin on the inside of the wheel wells, and adjusting the wheel track. I will also sand off a bit of the outside corner of the tire to help it clear.

It is a good thing I still have a month or so to test and tune.

Cheers,

Keith
Retro Racer 44
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Brumos RSR » Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:01 pm

Beautiful Cars Keith good luck tuning and I know you will be competitive
Brumos RSR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chappy » Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:51 pm

So Here is my 57 Ford in very early stages. Just did a quick chassis match to see where i am going with this build.
Not a clue as to livery other than it will be #23 lol

I had to make clay molds for the front and rear windows ,mi will leave the sides open.
Too bad old Fireball Roberts never ran in the Pan Americana

Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby TuscoTodd » Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:14 am

Body choices for my Detroit Iron contenders have been made!
It will be a pairing of '57s - a Fairlane from the Ford camp and a Bel Air from the Chevy camp!

Now to get cracking on the chassis builds! :)
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby Audi1 » Sat Oct 08, 2016 10:10 am

Those Detriot cars look great, Bob and Todd! :handgestures-thumbup: :handgestures-thumbup:

Will definitely be keeping an eye out for the chassis and completed builds on all of those cars!

Glad to see more cars coming from the Motor City; just like in the real Panamericana races.

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby DRW21 » Sat Oct 08, 2016 4:35 pm

DRW21
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

PreviousNext

Return to La Carrera Panamericana-2 Fun Run - 2016