[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - The OLD days

The OLD days

For All You Old School Enthusiasts
Bring Back Some Memories!

The OLD days

Postby strangebrew » Mon May 09, 2016 1:15 pm

strangebrew
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: The OLD days

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Mon May 09, 2016 1:39 pm

This is just outstanding. I was talking about this story to others the other day. This is pure "slot car determination".

Thanks Brew, I really enjoy see these photos.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby mattb » Mon May 09, 2016 2:43 pm

OUTSTANDING
mattb
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby strangebrew » Mon May 09, 2016 5:55 pm

I'm sure somebody's got equally interesting stories to contribute from the OLD DAYS. I don't know if it was "ingenuity & passion" as
much as boredom......(You know Guam is a small island in the middle of the Pacific, right! & 2 years is long time to be there)
We had a 2 bedroom place on base since it was my 2nd overseas assignment so I put the track in my 1 1/2 yr old son's bedroom,
but had to move it to the living room area because track time interfered with his bed time.
I guess I haven't learned a thing since then 'cuz I still build the same way. (Just with better tools) :laughing-rolling:
strangebrew
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Mon May 09, 2016 8:23 pm

Dave - Absolutely FASCINATING!!! Love the track and cars. Very cool you held on the pictures for all this time.

I'm a Guam baby...meaning I was only half there in 1966 ;)
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby vonsirius » Mon May 09, 2016 9:51 pm

Fantastic track!!!! It's awesome!!!!!
vonsirius
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BIG E » Thu May 12, 2016 12:32 pm

...and that's the way it was done. Excellent! -- Ernie :>)
BIG E
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby RazorJon » Thu May 12, 2016 10:55 pm

lol cool photos and better story, thx Brew
RazorJon
Tire Razor Guy

Postby ccobra » Sun May 15, 2016 8:15 am

Here's an old motor and ring and pinion setup that I ordered through the mail a few days ago. This setup in in its second car that I built back in the early 90's. Now I'm thinking of making a plastic frame for it using CAD and my little printer.
Anyway this motor and gear setup has an enjoyable memory for me. It was first put into a AMT 'Get Smart' Alpine that I would race against my friend on our combined Eldon tracks to make one big track. As long as we were on the track at the same time, this motor could keep up with his Eldon car for it drained all the amperage from the transformers. We even used both our transformers on the track to get more power since the Eldon tracks were a little underpowered anyway. I guess this is why I still order parts through the mail to build this little cars.
ccobra
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to Vintage Slot Cars